Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to Tallahassee in a couple weeks - need advice!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 250 Total Views

Hello All, My name is Katie.  My husband, 3 year old daughter and I are moving to Tallahassee in a couple weeks from Atlanta, GA (orginally from Rochester, NY).  My husband was offered a teaching job in Cairo, GA but we are going to live in Tallahassee.  Need suggestions for a good pediatrician office and preschools.  Also need suggestions for doctors for us.  Any other information you think would be good to know, I would love to hear it.  Looking to meet other moms with kids this age!  Thanks!

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Musicalmomma84
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Temple Isreal Preschool or Advent Preschool are some of the oldest and strongest preschools in Tallahassee. I would suggest getting your entire family at a family practice. The fabulous pediatrician a in town are not taking new patients. Dr. Morse Dr. Ness and Dr. Thomas a very reputable. 

I have a 3 year old daughter & a 6 year old son. I teach preschool music classes at Stubbs music center: 1260 Timberlane Rd. Classes are held Tuesdays at 12 and Saturdays at 10:15... AND they're independent! Come do a trial class!

imamami05
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM

i personlly reccomend professional park pediatrics ith dr. james e martin and scottsdale academy. 

Shannon102582
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Hi Katie, I am newer to the Tallahassee area too!  We send our son to Scottsdale Academy near Southwood and we love it!  Did you ever find a good school for your little one?  For pediatricians we go to Tallahassee pediatrics, and Family Dentistry at Southwood is really nice, I just went there a couple weeks ago.  How are you liking Tallahassee?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)