Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Indy Passed a "Test" (plus an updated pic)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:35 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

I went to work on Friday and then went directly from work to a haircut appointment.  I was going to be gone all morning and then most of the afternoon.  Usually I would let Indy outside until I got home, but the windchills were brutal that day, so it was to cold to leave her outside.  I then would have put her in the living room and shut the doors until I got home, but that meant no access to her food and water dishes, soooo....I let her have full reign of the house that day.

I did put a couple of little trashcans up out of her reach because she likes to drag kleenex out (or whatever) and didn't want a mess.  SO I left and had no idea what I would come back to.  Well, when I did get back, several hours later, nothing was amiss...she behaved and everything looked the way I left it!  I thought that was a huge test and she passed with flying colors!  Now, if I can ask her not to shed so much, I would be a real happy camper! lol

p.s.  here she is at Christmas time with my younger 2 -

treadmillCherrie...Mom to Justin (17), Joshua (14), Colton (10), and Nicholas (6)

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ang71
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:10 AM

YAY Indy!!!  that's awesome!!!  And she's a beauty

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ  2.  The American GI

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. 

ponylover86
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM

thats awesome! If only I could say that about our chocolate lab hunter! We left him out one day around Christmas, and when I got home from work he had pulled the christmas tree down, and chewed all of the bulbs and everything into little pieces. I was finding shattered glass pieces around the house for months after!! Thank God it was before we had kids.And really suprised that he didnt cut his mouth or feet up from it.She is a great looking lab too be the way!

Luv_my_hubby
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Yay for Indy...good girl. Isn't it nice when they finally stop destroying the house. Ours for the most part are good girls...although Bella ate her daddy's camo baseball cap last thursday...he he he... I told him to put it away. Indy is gorgeous.

MNlablover
by Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Oh my gosh... Indy is a gorgeous black lab - thanks for sharing her pic!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)