Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

asd - louder mummer?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:46 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

k was dx with a murmer at 1 day old, then asd at a week old, but they said it should close up, at one they were still open but again they said it should close up, his home nurse came the other day and said it sounds louder. i looked up symptoms of asd when it is abnormal and one was swollen abdomen. for a few weeks k's belly has seemed distended, he has a umbilical hernia that never closed on one side andit pokes out alot on th eside tats not closed.

any ideas

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Evana
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:17 PM

My daughter had her heart defects fixed really early on so I'm not sure. I do know that a heart mummer being louder is not a good thing. If the home nurse isn't contacting your doctor, then do so. K may need to be seen again. If nothing else, it will make you feel better.

SimplyErathy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:25 PM
We have a referral back to children's hospital to are his cardiologist :( can it cause lack of clotting? He hadhis iron tested (he is anemic) and it took 4 gauze pads to get it to stop bbleeding

Quoting Evana:

My daughter had her heart defects fixed really early on so I'm not sure. I do know that a heart mummer being louder is not a good thing. If the home nurse isn't contacting your doctor, then do so. K may need to be seen again. If nothing else, it will make you feel better.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)