Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any thoughts? Aortic stenosis?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:47 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 355 Total Views
Just looking for some advice or encouragement...We have aortic stenosis and HLHS in our family history (1 of my husbands sisters has a son with one, and another sister with a son with the other) Because of this, I get level 2 in-depth ultrasounds done on my babies hearts. At my 24 week check, all looked good! Well today I just went for my 31 week check....and he noted that the blood flow going through the aortic valve seemed a bit faster than normal. He said the "normal" range is up to 100, and my baby's was 110. He didn't seem super concerned (but he's very laid back to begin with) but wants to check it again in 4 weeks especially since it's in family history. Just wondering if anyone has been here? Wondering if I should spend the next 4 weeks preparing my heart, if there's a good chance that it's aortic stenosis..or if 110 is nothing to be worried about and it usually clears up? I have no idea what to expect :(
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Evana
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:09 PM

My girl didn't have this problem. If you are concerned, you can always ask for a prenatal cardiology appointment. Then you should have some answers.

VanLoon12
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:39 PM
I believe that's what I had. He focused primarily on the heart and did blood flow tests on it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)