Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to this, any advice welcome!!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2017 at 10:11 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 121 Total Views

Hello all- 

Our little one was actually due last week, but was born 6 weeks ago. She had a bit of a NICU stay (2 weeks 6 days), a brain bleed that is resolving on its' own and the neonatologist detected a heart murmer that we were going to follow up on, but was not overly concerned about.

2 days ago, we went to Stella's follow-up Pediatric Cardiologist appointment, and were surprised to find out that she has 2 holes in her heart. One is a moderate VSD and one is a small ASD. He said she will more than likely need open-heart surgery to repair them because of their location, and it is unlikely they will close on their own. I'm terrified.

Does anyone have experience with this with their munchkins, now or in the past? What can I look forward to going forward by way of symptoms? What should I watch out for? Any recommendations to help keep her comfortable?

Right now I look at her and every single sneeze, cough, sad face or snore just sets me on edge. I know it will get better, but right now I'm a bit of a wreck. Imagining a surgeon cracking open my baby's chest is just too much for my brain to comprehend just yet.

TIA for any words of wisdom- xoxo

(the first picture is her saying F-U! to heart troubles! lol)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 28, 2017 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)