Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Medical ID's

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 6:46 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 342 Total Views

Does anyone have medical id bracelets/tags for their babies/kids?  My daughter is 8 wks old, and I'm paranoid...  If I were to be in an accident and couldn't communicate, I would want EMS to know of her condition.  She has TOF with MAPCA's and her first of 3 OHS's coming up.  Please let me know your thoughts and feelings about this.  Also, what exactly did you put on them - just cardiac/heart patient or specifics?  Thanks so much!!!!

by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CHDMommy3
by Member on Dec. 4, 2008 at 10:08 PM

i found a medical id for my son and there are alot of styles.  His is spiderman lol write me and i will send you the email link.  give me a little time to look it up.  they were a good price too about 15.00.  and they go down to newborns.

I wrote his full name on the outside, and it gives you up to 3 lines so i did Tetrology of Fallot, Rx: Asprin/ Lasix and Dr: then the #

It has actually came in handy so im glad I did it.  He goes to preschool so his substitutes were able to read it.

Hope this helps

Heather

CHDMommy3
by Member on Dec. 5, 2008 at 12:32 AM

this is not the site i bought mine from but the bracelet is similar.  will keep looking but she is little so i assume a small bead one vs a character :)

http://www.stickyj.com/beaded-bracelets.html

christy1977
by on Dec. 5, 2008 at 2:23 PM

all i have on mine is heart and I also carry my medical card that has my drs # my Valve  and stuff.  I have yet to get one for my son. we both have TOF  I also have to get a new one cause i am now all.(SP) to moriphine (SP)

Mom2AngelZach
by Member on Dec. 5, 2008 at 3:52 PM

I chose not to get an id for my son because he was so little.  Instead I made sure that there was a binder attached to his carseat that contained all the information that anyone would need if I could not speak. (His condition, normal O2 sats, medications, doctors names and numbers, who to contact in an emergency) Also, I contacted the Fire Department in my town and gave them all the information about him.  That way if a 911 call came in they would know that there was a cardiac baby here and they would respond appropriately. 

Krista, Mom to HLHS Angel Zachary (5/27/05-10/17/06) and his twin brother, Dylan. 
Stacie03
by Member on Dec. 5, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Hmm, now you have me thinking too.  When DD was smaller and had just had her surgery I carried a binder with ALL her medical history in it.  I still bring it to doc. appointments, and keep and updated timeline in it.  But I wonder if getting a braclet would be a wise idea for her I'll have to check with our ped and see what he says.  DD has Transposition of the Great Arteries and it has been corrected and will hopefully never have any other issues, but still it is a good thing for medical personel to be aware of. 

My real opinion is that it can do no real harm to have a medical braclet for your DD, and could potentially be benificial.

mamatoheartbaby
by Group Admin on Dec. 6, 2008 at 8:15 AM

We have this attatched to DS carseat ... I actually need to update.

http://www.rescuefacts.com/

VLY
by Member on Oct. 5, 2011 at 5:14 PM

we got one of those medical alert bracelets from walmart that opens up. on the outside you can put a heart patient sticker  on the underside. on the inside I fold up a piece of paper in a tiny baggie that lists her doctors number, her conditions, our home numbers and cell phones, as well as any immediate care that should be looked into should she be found in an accident (she is school age)- she has a bleeding disorder as well so it is absolutely necessary for them to do a cbc as soon as possible to check her platelet count.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)