Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? For those who ur heart baby isnt your youngest

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:12 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 160 Total Views

OK so my son was not prenatally diagnosed but had several heart defects not noticed until after we went home. Recently i found out that i am expecting #2. So my question is what did ur OB do differently the 2nd time around since you previously had a baby with heart problems?

expecting baby

Eli Jacob 7/3/08                                           Baby #2 EDD 9/23/09

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
sweetleanne
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:46 PM

I had to ask the OB for a prescription for a fetal echo cardiogram. Then make an appointment with my card. for the test. If their is any problems, the card. will decide what should be done regarding delivery. I'm 4mths pregnant and have not scheduled the fetal echo yet, I'm not sure what I'm waiting on.

loganandasher
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2009 at 7:21 AM

when i was expecting #2 i went for my regular 20 week ultrasound and then at like 23weeks went for my fetal echo....my OB told me that i would have to have a fetal echo on every pregnancy that i have after my 1st as a precautionary measure. My 2nd does not have CHD. The pediatric card told me that every pregnancy has a 1 in 100 chance of having a baby with CHD (even if you dont already have one) and if you already have one you have a 5 in 100 chance so the odds are still in your favor of having a perfectly healthy baby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)