Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey Gals! 2 year old Haircut?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2008 at 7:34 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 191 Total Views
I am thinking of Getting Kaylas Haircut - She's 2 and her ends are super spilt & dry. WHat do you all think? If its a yes then how much would you take off? Her hair is about 8" maybe more from her scalp. Thank you ! btw she has never even had a trim!
by on Mar. 13, 2008 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
soulsister72
by Group Owner on Mar. 28, 2008 at 9:28 AM
I don't see anything wrong with trimming dead split ends, but if you're not a pro, I'd take her to a shop; that way, she'll acclimate to the ritual of getting her hair 'done' positively and you don't risk going too short. Please post pics b4/after, good luck!!!
Etta73
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2008 at 9:12 AM
Thank you for responding, I thought I had posted a taboo. lol I wouldn't touch her hair personally and will make sure I take her to a shop. I had wondered why no one responded to this post. Does Natural mean never cutting your/her hair? I'd just like her to start fresh is all. Our hairdresser said she needed trims just to keep it growing and strong.
sheenaslove
by Member on Mar. 29, 2008 at 2:55 PM

Hi sister - no by no way does natural mean never cutting your hair.  Dry and split ends occur when your hair is natural or relaxed.  So therefore, you must trim them.   I'm glad you took her to a hair shop so that way her trim could be even.   

Remember you must moisturize heavily and frequently and focuse on her ends.  When you shampoo. condition well and let it sit in her hair for at least five minutes before rinsing out.  Rinse in cool water.

Sheenaslove

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN