Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Hair Care

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2008 at 4:25 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 284 Total Views

Hello Ladies,
I got my braids out and besides washing, deep conditioning, and blow drying my hair I'm very clueless in caring for my natural hair.  I know how to care for relaxed hair but not natural hair.  I blew dried my hair and I was very happy and excited with the results and glad I went with my decision of going natural and want to keep it that way.  Any advice would help. 

by on Mar. 15, 2008 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
heavens_luv
by Member on Mar. 27, 2008 at 9:54 PM
Congrats on going au natural.  For me it is more easier to style natural hair ther are so many more options. A style that i like is to lightly blowdry mr hair then braid it in 4 sections, take it out then it becomes nice & wavy like what i have as my default pic.  IC aloe vera gel has becom my best friend, it brings out your curl pattern & its none drying to the hair. I also love doing twists all over the hair. hit me up if u have any questions
"I am a pomegranate red and bursting full of surprise seeds of growth and bitterness I am difficult to eat take a lot of patience I am messy and will stain you but my juice is so sweet..."
MrsFaulk80
by on Mar. 28, 2008 at 9:54 PM
Thanks for the response.  I will check that stuff out.  Right now I have my hair in braids could I still use it?
Quoting heavens_luv:

Congrats on going au natural.  For me it is more easier to style natural hair ther are so many more options. A style that i like is to lightly blowdry mr hair then braid it in 4 sections, take it out then it becomes nice & wavy like what i have as my default pic.  IC aloe vera gel has becom my best friend, it brings out your curl pattern & its none drying to the hair. I also love doing twists all over the hair. hit me up if u have any questions
sheenaslove
by Member on Mar. 30, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Hi sister congrads. 

Yes try the braid thing and then let it out.  I find using some of the curly lotions (the products for those who have the care free/jeri curls) also make the hair nice and wavy/curly depending on your texture.  Also double strand twists are a nice change from the braids when you are ready.

Sheenaslove
MrsFaulk80
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Quoting sheenaslove:

Hi sister congrads. 

Yes try the braid thing and then let it out.  I find using some of the curly lotions (the products for those who have the care free/jeri curls) also make the hair nice and wavy/curly depending on your texture.  Also double strand twists are a nice change from the braids when you are ready.

Sheenaslove

Wow I didn't know about that.  I thought that something like that would make our hair fall out if we didn't have a jeri/free curls.  I'm going to try the double strand twist one day hopefully after I cut the rest of my relaxed hair off.  I still have a ways to go.  Thanks for the advice I'm definately going to try that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN