Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OKAY, WHAT THE HELL??!?? (input please....)

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2008 at 11:09 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 677 Total Views

Poll

Question: IF I WERE HIM, I WOULD....

Options:

DO THE NOTE THING.

SHAVE HER BALD AND START HER OVER, SO WHAT IF SHE GETS MAD, AND DARE HER TO PUT MORE RELAXER IN.

FILE A POLICE REPORT/CALL CPS B/C THIS IS BECOMING A SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUE.

OTHER

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 41

View Results

Ladies, peep this and tell me what you would do.....

My sister's BD has a 2 1/2 yr old daughter with his ex-wife, who's apparently not wrapped too tight. She INSISTS on putting a relaxer on this poor child's head, even after it took handfuls of hair out  the 1st time, and now she has BIG SCALY BALD PATCHES on her scalp. It looks as horrible as it sounds and now my sister can barely stand to take the girl anywhere.

BD keeps threatening to just chop it off, but never does (he shouldn't be scared, considering that she can't POSSIBLY look any worse and the ex doesn't give a sh!t what he thinks anyway), and I suggested that he take her to a beauty school/barber college, get the instructor to write a note re the condition of her scalp and what can happen if she's stupid enough to do it again, and maybe if he takes it to court, the judge can step in and stop her.

Ladies, aside from any suggestions you can offer, could somebody please help me understand why you would keep sabotaging your baby's scalp/hair well-being like this....am I missing something? Holla if you hear me!!!
by on Mar. 17, 2008 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3gifts.from.god
by on Mar. 17, 2008 at 11:36 PM
Bald Spots is a health and safety issue. She is only two poor baby.

vannahsmom04
by on Mar. 18, 2008 at 1:44 AM
I can not believe that she put a relaxer in a 2 1/2 year-old's head!!!!!! That is pure stupidity!

I voted to do the note thing, but then again, I almost voted to shave it off and have her start all over again...she might have to do that anyway because from your description, it sounds awful. I'm not trying to sound like a know-it-all though. I have a 3-year old girl with a head full of hair, so I know it can be frustrating and time-consuming. However, I have never thought of putting a relaxer in her hair! 
keke1109
by on Mar. 18, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Quoting vannahsmom04:

I can not believe that she put a relaxer in a 2 1/2 year-old's head!!!!!! That is pure stupidity!

I voted to do the note thing, but then again, I almost voted to shave it off and have her start all over again...she might have to do that anyway because from your description, it sounds awful. I'm not trying to sound like a know-it-all though. I have a 3-year old girl with a head full of hair, so I know it can be frustrating and time-consuming. However, I have never thought of putting a relaxer in her hair! 
Im with you too mami! Her ass is straight stupid! What does she think she's doing to this poor baby.
prettyxt
by on Mar. 18, 2008 at 11:30 AM
that is really sad, hair comes with babies, even though I had no clue with my own, when I had my kids I knew it was the time to learn.
sheenaslove
by Member on Mar. 18, 2008 at 6:40 PM

2 1/2 years old.  I can't believe this.  The child's skin, and nerve cells near and at the skin's surface is no way developed for any form of chemicals to be placed in or near it.  This sounds beyond stupidity.  This is a form of abuse.  What is wrong with the father.   This child needs to be taken to her pediatrician immediately.  Bald spots like that due to a chemical burn on such young skin may never grow back but result in alopecia.  Please beg the child's father to take her to the doctor.

sheenaslove
mom2323
by on Mar. 18, 2008 at 7:09 PM
WOw!! that's really sad.  Why would u even think about putting a chemical relaxer on a baby's hair. I think the father should do all 3, get the note, call and get a police report, shave the baby's hair off so she can start fresh plus take the baby to the doctor.  I didn't know a child that age hair could be that hard to manage?  What happened to shampooing, oiling the scalp braiding or putting the hair in cute pony tails?.. That's just straight crazy to to give a 2 year old a relaxer.

Take a minute and checkout my ebay store

www.stores.ebay.com/kidzcornerpartyfavors

soulsister72
by Group Owner on Mar. 19, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Quoting mom2323:

WOw!! that's really sad.  Why would u even think about putting a chemical relaxer on a baby's hair. I think the father should do all 3, get the note, call and get a police report, shave the baby's hair off so she can start fresh plus take the baby to the doctor.  I didn't know a child that age hair could be that hard to manage?  What happened to shampooing, oiling the scalp braiding or putting the hair in cute pony tails?.. That's just straight crazy to to give a 2 year old a relaxer.

I hope I never see this chick, otherwise I'd lose it. Thank you for the advice ladies, I'm passing it on to my sister and hope he takes it....
camtri3
by on Mar. 19, 2008 at 9:53 PM
okay so i know this sounds crazy, but can she get like a quickweave or some tracks or something put in  to hide the bald spots? I voted on the note, and my husband votes for it to get cut down.
MommieLex
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Quoting camtri3:

okay so i know this sounds crazy, but can she get like a quickweave or some tracks or something put in  to hide the bald spots? I voted on the note, and my husband votes for it to get cut do
Ummm.....she's not even three years old. Hell naw.
Indiygo
by on Mar. 28, 2008 at 12:26 PM
Cut it off now while she is too young to be ashamed ,take her to the dr and have it looked at and ask the dr to file a child abuse report for the chemical burns she has suffered and encourage the dad to file for custody of the child. Is it just your sister getting upset about this or is the dad also upset? She can't do anything because it is not her child , he has to care enough to want to change this,not just whine about it and expect someone else to fix it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)