Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OKAY, WHAT THE HELL??!?? (input please....)

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: IF I WERE HIM, I WOULD....

Options:

DO THE NOTE THING.

SHAVE HER BALD AND START HER OVER, SO WHAT IF SHE GETS MAD, AND DARE HER TO PUT MORE RELAXER IN.

FILE A POLICE REPORT/CALL CPS B/C THIS IS BECOMING A SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUE.

OTHER

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 41

View Results

Ladies, peep this and tell me what you would do.....

My sister's BD has a 2 1/2 yr old daughter with his ex-wife, who's apparently not wrapped too tight. She INSISTS on putting a relaxer on this poor child's head, even after it took handfuls of hair out  the 1st time, and now she has BIG SCALY BALD PATCHES on her scalp. It looks as horrible as it sounds and now my sister can barely stand to take the girl anywhere.

BD keeps threatening to just chop it off, but never does (he shouldn't be scared, considering that she can't POSSIBLY look any worse and the ex doesn't give a sh!t what he thinks anyway), and I suggested that he take her to a beauty school/barber college, get the instructor to write a note re the condition of her scalp and what can happen if she's stupid enough to do it again, and maybe if he takes it to court, the judge can step in and stop her.

Ladies, aside from any suggestions you can offer, could somebody please help me understand why you would keep sabotaging your baby's scalp/hair well-being like this....am I missing something? Holla if you hear me!!!
by on Mar. 17, 2008 at 11:09 PM
Replies (11-18):
Telo319
by Member on Mar. 29, 2008 at 9:33 AM
I would report her to the police because that is child abuse.  My daughter is 5 and peole asked me if I would relax her hair.  I still that is too young and I would rather braid her haid and keep it up them to relax at such a young age.  The baby needs to be removed from the mother's care she is unstable.
dorky_goddess
by on May. 31, 2008 at 8:10 AM
The other day, at my daughter's gymnastics class, I saw a pretty little girl rockin' the low cut/shaved, and wearing some pretty little stud earrings.  Girls have to at least be 5 to start gymnastics, so if she can do it, then the 2 year old baby should look cute too.  Just get that baby some earrings, and she'll look adorable.  I would've voted for the note idea, but if the ex/baby mama doesn't care, then he doesn't need to go through all the trouble of explaining himself to her.  He is that baby's parent too, and I've never heard of anyone claiming that a child was abused, simply because her/his hair was shaved off.  But, if he wants to cover his behind, in case ol' girl wants to get stupid and take things to court, he could take some before and after pics of the baby's head, and keep them on hand to show the judge his obviously logical reasoning for cutting the baby's hair.
boizmama
by on May. 31, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Quoting sheenaslove:

2 1/2 years old.  I can't believe this.  The child's skin, and nerve cells near and at the skin's surface is no way developed for any form of chemicals to be placed in or near it.  This sounds beyond stupidity.  This is a form of abuse.  What is wrong with the father.   This child needs to be taken to her pediatrician immediately.  Bald spots like that due to a chemical burn on such young skin may never grow back but result in alopecia.  Please beg the child's father to take her to the doctor.

sheenaslove

I'm in total agreement!
tricketreacy
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Quoting dorky_goddess:

The other day, at my daughter's gymnastics class, I saw a pretty little girl rockin' the low cut/shaved, and wearing some pretty little stud earrings.  Girls have to at least be 5 to start gymnastics, so if she can do it, then the 2 year old baby should look cute too.  Just get that baby some earrings, and she'll look adorable.  I would've voted for the note idea, but if the ex/baby mama doesn't care, then he doesn't need to go through all the trouble of explaining himself to her.  He is that baby's parent too, and I've never heard of anyone claiming that a child was abused, simply because her/his hair was shaved off.  But, if he wants to cover his behind, in case ol' girl wants to get stupid and take things to court, he could take some before and after pics of the baby's head, and keep them on hand to show the judge his obviously logical reasoning for cutting the baby's hair.
I agree with you and most of the other ladies, I voted other because I think all 3 should be done, if he doesnt feel comfortable with the police thing let the Dr office do it or an annonymous source...hint hint....
MonicaJaye
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2008 at 10:24 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth!
Quoting Telo319:

I would report her to the police because that is child abuse.  My daughter is 5 and peole asked me if I would relax her hair.  I still that is too young and I would rather braid her haid and keep it up them to relax at such a young age.  The baby needs to be removed from the mother's care she is unstable.
RhonnieC
by on Jun. 25, 2008 at 11:42 PM
I would recommend that he report her to the Department of Social Services for Child Abuse. It's nothing less than Child abuse. just sick.
TJancewicz
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2008 at 12:02 PM
I agree...Her hair should just get chopped off, and that cannot be a safe thing to have a burnt bald spot on your head at the age of 2 1/2...what is wrong with that child's mother...
Quoting Indiygo:

Cut it off now while she is too young to be ashamed ,take her to the dr and have it looked at and ask the dr to file a child abuse report for the chemical burns she has suffered and encourage the dad to file for custody of the child. Is it just your sister getting upset about this or is the dad also upset? She can't do anything because it is not her child , he has to care enough to want to change this,not just whine about it and expect someone else to fix it.

DDelighted
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2008 at 11:16 PM
I am almost without words.  WTF....Somebody call that child's pediatrician because home girl needs an intervention.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN