Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dried out Hair!!

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2008 at 11:27 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 228 Total Views
Maybe someone here can help me with my dilema.I have been natural for fourteen years now.My diet is good,I eat plentyof protein food and fruits and vegetables.My hair use to be shiny,curly and very manageable.Recently I started using some products from Carol's Daughter.I'm not satisfied with the results.My hair feel like brillo pads after using these products.I understand some of her products are natural and some are not.I use the Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner,Healthy Hair Butter and the Hair Balm.My granddaughter is 10 mos. and her mom was using the Hair Milk on her hair.

We start noticing her edges begin thinning,her scalp started turning white and her hair texture begin to change.Can anyone tell me why is this happening?
by on Mar. 27, 2008 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
soulsister72
by Group Owner on Mar. 28, 2008 at 9:36 AM
I'm sorry that you're having issues with your hair like that....I don't use a lot of Carol's Daughter, to be honest with you---I bought some of that hair butter just to get in and see Mary J Blige at their store one summer: Mary was mad cool, but I digress....

It soulds like the products being used on the baby's hair may be overkill; for ex, I tried using the hair butter on Nia when she was 3 months, it was a bit much, but now that she's two, it works better. Maybe all the baby needs is a simple shot of braid sheen spray or baby oil, I'd try using a simpler product for now and washing the hair once every 2 weeks as well as keeping the hair braided to preserve the ends.

as for your hair, are you using more heat than usual? Do you tie up your hair every night? How often do you wash it? Sometimes we abuse our hair externally if not internally, so preventative steps could help. Update us on your hair, good luck!!!
sheenaslove
by Member on Mar. 30, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Sister:

The body including the hair will respond either good or bad to its external enviromnent.  In this case hair  products.  I think you answered your own dilema.  You stated you had good healthy shinny hair before using CAROLS DAUGHTER PRODUCTS.  There you go!  It's like if you eat something new and the next day you break out in hives.  The solution here is stop using the products.  Go back to what you were using when your hair was healthy and shinny.  Same for the little one.  Her hair should not be coming out esp. around the edges.  STOP using the Carols products.  Use PCJ or the organics products for children.  Just because a product has a name (in this case Carols Daughter) it does not mean it is good and it does not mean it is for everyone.

Above all don't worry, the stress might also increase the bad state your hair is in right now.  I'm sure once you stop using her products, wash your hair weekly and moisturize well using products you are more familiar with or what you use to use it will greatly improve.

Good Luck.  Let us know.

Sheenaslove  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)