Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could I be PJ?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 5:44 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 368 Total Views
I've got so much stuff that I don't use anymore bc they were cool when I had a perm and impulse makes me buy more stuff for permed hair.

Based on the thread about your curls I found out I have type 4a hair. Basically tight curls that look like the hair is rough like a brillo but is really cottny bc the hair shaft is fine and it's alot o hair w/ alot o shrinkage.

Ladies what do u use to keep ur hair moisturized? My hair will get so dry at times it's a drag to comb. Help a sistah keep her naps "trained"

And yes I'm a PJ if I find a minimalist combo of products that'll work I'm all game too!!

MY HEART IS HOME TO ONE OF GOD'S ANGELS

by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jimi
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 1:35 PM
I put Shea butter in the microwave to liquify it and then I put that in my hair. Sparingly though.

Experience the UnderRated Beauty of Life                          

The UnderSide of Flowers

subbrock
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 1:01 AM
i use elucence moisture balancing conditioner and oil. my hair loves them! when i first became natural i tried many many things. i thought i was a pj, too. but ive been using elucence for years and im still getting fabulous soft moisturized hair.
http://lilypie.com/http://lilypie.com/
SeminaryMom
by Member on Apr. 6, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Quoting Jimi:

I put Shea butter in the microwave to liquify it and then I put that in my hair. Sparingly though.

I've never thought of trying it that way. When I've put it on my hair it gunks up...this would probably work better. I'm going to try it! Thanks!
sheenaslove
by Member on Apr. 7, 2008 at 8:09 PM

I have to be honest - I have no idea what PJ means.  Anyway, for very dry hair, which is also what I have, a hairstylist recommended using products for people with jeri curls.  I have tried Soft and Free and I find it keeps my hair very moisturized.  I also like using Motions hair lotion as well in between the Soft and Free.

Sheenaslove
876charmer
by Member on Apr. 7, 2008 at 9:15 PM
PJ means product junkie
I did try a jherri curl spray in my hair this weel after my wash, It feels like buttah! All I did was wash as usual put some EVOO (extra virgin olive oil...yup str8 out the kitchen cupboard) in the microwave for 30sec put that in while wet wrap a plastic bag from walmart on ma head for 15mins. Blow dried ma hair on low heat so it wasn't really str8 just not wet. Sprayed it down w/jherri juice and did some twists. Ma twists are bangin and soft n bouncy! I give it a lil "activation" in the am to keep the do feeling supple. I thkn I found my dry hair fixer!
Quoting sheenaslove:

I have to be honest - I have no idea what PJ means. Anyway, for very dry hair, which is also what I have, a hairstylist recommended using products for people with jeri curls. I have tried Soft and Free and I find it keeps my hair very moisturized. I also like using Motions hair lotion as well in between the Soft and Free.

Sheenaslove

MY HEART IS HOME TO ONE OF GOD'S ANGELS

wondertike823
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2008 at 10:38 PM
I might have t o try that because my hair is exactly how you described it...Hopefully this will help!
CoffeecakeGirl
by Member on Apr. 9, 2008 at 3:01 PM
Try Organic Root Stimulator products; they have been good to me.  I use the Olive Oil cream for moisture and the gel (in the purple and white tub) for hold when I twist.  If you need a lighter moisturizer, use the Olive Oil lotion instead.  Good Luck!

Peace, Me
Indiygo
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 3:32 PM
Who makes soft and free and where can i get some?
Jojo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)