Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes I feel like rockin my hair straight but anytime I flat iron my hair it feels REALLY coarse and brittle and it's not even str8.

What gives?
Maybe I need a new flat iron? Any reccommendations?
I got a golden hot or sumn like that...idk? I do know it's ceramic tho.

MY HEART IS HOME TO ONE OF GOD'S ANGELS

by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 6:21 PM
Replies (11-13):
Ahma-Lily
by on Jan. 22, 2012 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello,

The steps I take to straighten my hair is:

1) After a wash, conditioner, deep conditioner, I apply my leave-in conditioner and roll my hair into magnetic rollers.

2) If I want it to be dry that day, I sit under my hair dryer

3) If not, I let it air dry but the key is make sure your hair is completely dry before you take the rollers out.

4) After your hair is dry and rollers are removed, your hair will fall into the style of which you rolled it. It will also be straight.

5) I apply a heat protectant to each section of my hair that has already been divided by the roll set.

6) After the heat protectant is applied to one section of the hair, I flat iron that section and repeat until my whole head is done.

7) Style and go!

I know this may seem like a lot but it takes a lot of stress off your natural hair that you are leaning only on the flat iron to do. The roller set, however you want to do it, after your hair is dry, may be the straight you are looking for however if not, then and only then will the flat iron be used to enhance the look you are looking for but not used as the main culprit. 

I hope this helps :)

Ahma-Lily
"A MAN works from Sun 2 Sun but A WOMAN's work is NEVER done"
Baby Names -BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
Group Admin:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/112781/
godsgirl26
by Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Try maxiglide i have it and love it.

txlady06
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Find a good heat protector, start using smaller sections of hair so you can use a lower heat setting. And remember that hair burns at the same temp. as paper so you need a flat iron with a temp. setting so your incrontrol of exactly how hot it gets. I also use a cheap o ceramic con air flat iron from walmart bought years ago for like $13. Good Luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)