Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want a head wrap!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:20 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 1637 Total Views

My honey and I were watching the season of ANTM when Yaya DaCosta and Eva Pigford where on it. I love Yaya's head wraps and I want one!! My honey says he thinks I would look good in one too! Where would I find some?? And then, when I find one, how can I learn how to wrap it? Here's a pic of Yaya in a wrap that I think is too cute!!

by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cadasia
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:40 PM
I wear them when I'm having hair issues code for I didn't do my hair! LOL! I go to the fabric store and find different patterns that I like and get 2 yards. Now for you to wrap it you have to just practice what feels comfortable. Good luck with your headwrap journey.

jannahj
by on Apr. 12, 2008 at 11:55 PM
I like headwraps also. the issue for me is not finding material but actually learning how to wrap. My husband printed out some wrapping directions on line , check it out.
wondertike823
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2008 at 12:40 PM
I like headwraps also and had the same questions. If you have an area near you that has an African American district or store they usually have them. Or you can shop online for them. I think I found some videos on youtube for how to wrap. 

SuperMomofKaya
by Member on Apr. 14, 2008 at 12:52 PM
check out www.locksdown.com   it's a different kind of head wrap.
sheenaslove
by Member on Apr. 18, 2008 at 9:53 PM

I love the wrap with the sister in the pic.  Makes me want to run out and get one. 

Go to any material store that sells sewing items.  Many times they have remnants of material that you can use as a head wrap.

Sheenaslove
jae_mo
by on Jun. 19, 2008 at 7:50 PM

here is najahface on youtube showing how to do a wrap.. I would also recommend just watching all of her videos. She has helped me out so much....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uLW2lN-bpOo&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uLW2lN-bpOo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

hope this helps you!!
Divine_IZ
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 2:26 PM
I wrap my hair alot.  All you need is a good 3-4 yards of whatever color style you like...you can get that at walmart, JoAnne Fabrics, or whatever local fabric store is in your area...
it took alot of playing in the mirror to get certain looks, but its not hard to do here's a few pics of me doing a headwrapping workshop...

SuperMomofKaya
by Member on Jul. 18, 2008 at 10:12 AM
Divine_IZ those are beautiful headwraps. Where is your store? (not in NY i'm sure... SIGH)..... and how much do they go for??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)