Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best Loc Products/Methods....

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2008 at 1:04 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 291 Total Views
Can you give me your FULL Loc Maintenance routine....how long you've used this method...and list detailed products.... and why each products is great and recommended? THANKS.

I'm trying to perfect my hopefully successful loc-at-home project. Have business cards, and a site (www.myspace.com/locs_by_isis) and my fiance is even considering purchasing a salon dryer, chair, and working a hose from our sink to create a new one.

I have another question: Do I have to have a license to do hair from my own home? I can't get in trouble for this, can I?
by on Apr. 14, 2008 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
saabira8
by on Apr. 15, 2008 at 9:25 AM
With out having to make a very long email, I created a blog awhile ago it saabira8.blogspot.com that entails my journey with locking my hair, I started out with Sisterlocks, but when to maintaining them myself, the completely took down my Sistelocks and started over with braid locks. As far as product I don’t use any beside shampoo, which is Pantene clarifying, head and shoulders, and nappy dreadz shampoo, on a day to day basis I just spr saabira8.blogspot.com  itz it with water, fluff a bit and walk out the door. Im still at the beginning stages of locking and putting any kind of conditioner will cause them to unravel, plus I really don’t need it. I hope my information helps out a little bit.  
Sisterlocks 7/13-14/07
Braidlocs 12/5/07
http://saabira8.blogspot.com/
SuperMomofKaya
by Member on Apr. 15, 2008 at 12:33 PM
thanks. i will check your blog out. you use all THREE shampoos at one time?
saabira8
by on Apr. 16, 2008 at 9:48 AM
I use the Nappy Dreadz shampoo for the first wash to get all the natural oils out, then I follow up with Head and Shoulders to attach the dandruff, then finally the Pantene Clarifying to get out any remaining residue. I'm sure I can have a clean head with out using all three, but before I was natural I was a major Product Junkie, so I think this is how I get my fix with out messing up my locks.
Sisterlocks 7/13-14/07
Braidlocs 12/5/07
http://saabira8.blogspot.com/
SuperMomofKaya
by Member on Apr. 16, 2008 at 12:37 PM
lol @ a clean head. Now you are super clean. But I was just like you. I can sell most of the products I've collected from seeing them in salons, or hearing recommendations. lol. THANKS AGAIN.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)