Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cutting off my hair today.

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2008 at 8:07 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 314 Total Views
I went natural about 5 years ago and it didn't work out. Perms have never really straightened my hair totally. The pros know how to do it, but me I don't. So I'm just going to shave it all down and see what happens. I was on youtube today and saw a lot of women who went through the journey and I think giving it another shot will be beneficial to me. So in the next few months if all goes well I'll give you an update.
by on Apr. 18, 2008 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
soulsister72
by Group Owner on Apr. 18, 2008 at 10:19 PM
CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS GIRL----THANKS FOR JOINING THE FAM, KEEP US IN THE LOOP!!!
Choochie87
by on Apr. 18, 2008 at 11:12 PM
Congrats it was a journey for me to but I managed and now I am officially sisterlocked. You will see that it is a wonderful transition. Goodluck and take lots of pictures you'll be glad you did.
Telo319
by Member on Apr. 19, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Are you really sure that you want to cut off all of your hair? I thought about cutting my hair but when I trimmed a few inches off I woke up the next nmorning in total regret. I do understand that different hair styles can be a journey but I just don't want you to wake up in the morning feeling that it was a really bad mistake. I think that you should consult a beautician first and see what options you have before  you take that next step.

pajackson
by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 5:12 PM

well, what did you decide to do?

www.youravon.com/patriciajackson

SylviaNCali
by New Member on Apr. 28, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Quoting Telo319:

Are you really sure that you want to cut off all of your hair? I thought about cutting my hair but when I trimmed a few inches off I woke up the next nmorning in total regret. I do understand that different hair styles can be a journey but I just don't want you to wake up in the morning feeling that it was a really bad mistake. I think that you should consult a beautician first and see what options you have before  you take that next step.

LOL well I've chopped my hair off before. My hair grows fast and I've never been the type to obsess over the length of my hair. Something happened to my hair that made me a little upset so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
SylviaNCali
by New Member on Apr. 28, 2008 at 9:50 PM

Quoting pajackson:

well, what did you decide to do?

Well I cut it down. But I got a big problem. The front broke off, the permed part jus vanished in the front! I'm not sure where it went either lol. So now I might have to shave it all down, or just wear a full wig. Funny how when I had tons of hair I'd wear the wigs, but now that my hair is in transition I don't want to lol. I'm not in the mood to take no pictures, but my husband combed my hair out and it helped I guess. This is all new to me. Oh and I'm going to try to stop perming my daughters hair. Not sure if I will succeed though because she has tons of hair. I might try to braid it and see how that goes.
subbrock
by on Apr. 29, 2008 at 10:45 PM

Quoting SylviaNCali:

Well I cut it down. But I got a big problem. The front broke off, the permed part jus vanished in the front! I'm not sure where it went either lol. So now I might have to shave it all down, or just wear a full wig. Funny how when I had tons of hair I'd wear the wigs, but now that my hair is in transition I don't want to lol. I'm not in the mood to take no pictures, but my husband combed my hair out and it helped I guess. This is all new to me. Oh and I'm going to try to stop perming my daughters hair. Not sure if I will succeed though because she has tons of hair. I might try to braid it and see how that goes.

yay for you and your daughter!
http://lilypie.com/http://lilypie.com/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)