Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Update* My apologies..OMG it's my hair and I Iove my Naps..

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2008 at 10:27 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 396 Total Views

Why do people think that their opinion counts when it comes to me wearing my hair natural. Most days I let it roll off but sometimes it's like wtf? did I ask you? I think I'd feel more comfortable if I was still in NY and different is more "acceptable" but here in cracker town PA working among the "others" I get all types of comments.. WTF? It's really bad when I have those "I wish a person would" days.. i can't be responsible for what comes out of my mouth then.

I was wrong for the way I stated things in this post.. thanks for checking me on that one..

by on Apr. 22, 2008 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
soulsister72
by Group Owner on May. 2, 2008 at 11:47 AM
OKAY?!?
onefaith_cd
by on May. 2, 2008 at 2:51 PM
i feel ya! LOL
MJSMOMMA
by on May. 3, 2008 at 8:04 PM
Girl I feel you! I'm over here in whitey town usa (CT) where the men prefer weaves to naturals. Ain't it a shame?!

Typing while feeding or holding baby is not easy

subbrock
by on May. 3, 2008 at 11:59 PM
-i understand what the OPs point is but im personally offended by the terms "cracker town" and "whitey town". if a white person were to make a post referring to "blackville" or "n-gga town" im quite sure you wouldnt be too happy.
-in my personal experience, ive found whites (men and women alike) to be more accepting and appreciative of my natural hair. the only negative talk ive ever heard about my natural hair was done by blacks.
-i know i have those "i wish a mofo would..." days but i have to remember, it is a haters job to hate!
http://lilypie.com/http://lilypie.com/
Malika2
by New Member on May. 5, 2008 at 7:39 AM
You are absolutely right.. point taken! Thanks so much for checking me on that because I would be mad about that one.
Quoting subbrock:

-i understand what the OPs point is but im personally offended by the terms "cracker town" and "whitey town". if a white person were to make a post referring to "blackville" or "n-gga town" im quite sure you wouldnt be too happy.
-in my personal experience, ive found whites (men and women alike) to be more accepting and appreciative of my natural hair. the only negative talk ive ever heard about my natural hair was done by blacks.
-i know i have those "i wish a mofo would..." days but i have to remember, it is a haters job to hate!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)