Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a prayer for finances BADLY

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:50 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 239 Total Views

I am SAHM to our daughter and that is VERY important to me. We are living off of 1 income. That income is becoming less and less and doesn't cover all the costs of livng anymore. (rent, car payment, insurance, elec. etc.) We are struggling to pay the bills and put food on the table. I try and do odd jobs that allow me to still be with my daughter. I have put my add out to babysit to try and help bring in some income. My husband works hard everyday. He has looked for another job but he is limited in what he knows how to do and with the economy the way it is, you're blessed to even have a job. So we need a financial blessing to keep up with the bills and favor in my husband's workplace to get good paying jobs. (or another good paying job opportunity)

Thank you God and thank you ladies for the prayers.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ricepattiegirl
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:14 AM

hi there, I will definitely will keep you in prayer.  just wante to let you know that we have been there but in VERY BAD AND DRASTIC state but GOD IS GOD and we are being pulled through.  We were almost on the street but I have bee able to stay home w daughter.  I did look for work and with a college degree, lots of skills and full availability, God had me stay home.  I could tell you my sob story that will make some just cringe but whats the point in that.  The truth is that you will get through even with no one's help of $!

During this time too, we were hooked up with Dave Ramsey on how to work things out God's way.  His website is DaveRamsey.com.  You don't have to buy anything..though you can... but just listen.  He's on the website live, radio, online and he's on tv for no more than you already have it now.

Just some tips that have helped us get a grip in the hardest of times learned from him.

Do a budget... see then tell where your money is going to go.  List all expenses against all money coming in.

Stop using credit cards. It is a never ending cycle.

Stretch the food budget by eating beans and rice and cutting out things like cable. Get a second and third job... take all the work you can - Deliver pizzas, clean houses, whatever it takes and Jesus will bless all efforts and multiply it.

Pay things in this order: food, shelter/utilities, transportation.

Get a cushion of $1000 in cash for family.

Pay the rest of the bills you can and some may not get paid.  That is just the reality but do not skip out on food and shelter, a cash pot for emergencies and transportation to pay CapitalOne because these things keep you employable, Capital One does not!

Downsize... sell everything off.  Books, clothes, stuff on craigslist, ebay and amazon.  That has brought a couple thousand in.  We've sold our beds too.

The goal is to be in a position to financial peace one day but there is no better peace than being with the prince of peace.  So stick with Him and you and your family will be alright.

Hope this helps but greatest helper is GOD, so look up.

Blessings,

Jen

JennAngelica
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 3:31 PM

We're a Dave Ramsey family too!  I say "ditto" to everything that she said!  I'm also apart of an AWESOME Dave Ramsey group here on Cafemom -- I'll give you the link if you're interested. 

I'll be praying for you hun and I totally recommend the Dave Ramsey way!  good luck!

Quoting ricepattiegirl:

hi there, I will definitely will keep you in prayer.  just wante to let you know that we have been there but in VERY BAD AND DRASTIC state but GOD IS GOD and we are being pulled through.  We were almost on the street but I have bee able to stay home w daughter.  I did look for work and with a college degree, lots of skills and full availability, God had me stay home.  I could tell you my sob story that will make some just cringe but whats the point in that.  The truth is that you will get through even with no one's help of $!

During this time too, we were hooked up with Dave Ramsey on how to work things out God's way.  His website is DaveRamsey.com.  You don't have to buy anything..though you can... but just listen.  He's on the website live, radio, online and he's on tv for no more than you already have it now.

Just some tips that have helped us get a grip in the hardest of times learned from him.

Do a budget... see then tell where your money is going to go.  List all expenses against all money coming in.

Stop using credit cards. It is a never ending cycle.

Stretch the food budget by eating beans and rice and cutting out things like cable. Get a second and third job... take all the work you can - Deliver pizzas, clean houses, whatever it takes and Jesus will bless all efforts and multiply it.

Pay things in this order: food, shelter/utilities, transportation.

Get a cushion of $1000 in cash for family.

Pay the rest of the bills you can and some may not get paid.  That is just the reality but do not skip out on food and shelter, a cash pot for emergencies and transportation to pay CapitalOne because these things keep you employable, Capital One does not!

Downsize... sell everything off.  Books, clothes, stuff on craigslist, ebay and amazon.  That has brought a couple thousand in.  We've sold our beds too.

The goal is to be in a position to financial peace one day but there is no better peace than being with the prince of peace.  So stick with Him and you and your family will be alright.

Hope this helps but greatest helper is GOD, so look up.

Blessings,

Jen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)