Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do I start?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 223 Total Views

Ok how do I start this post?  I hope I dont make it so long you guys lose interest, because I really need prayers and advice.  OK two years ago we decided to rent our small house out that we had been in for eight years, and move into town.  So we found a great couple that wants to buy our house and is working on that and we moved into a house in the middle of the city.  We live on a corner of a main street and a city side street.  I love our house that we are renting (just to make sure we dont get stuck with two homes) it is a lovely home and has plenty of space and great schools for our children.  Our city street is mixed with run down homes and nice homes.  The problem is the houses behind us on the city side street.  we have had troubles from the boy that lives there since we moved here.  He has put dead headless snakes on our patio, firecrackers at our house, bullying us by standing in the road when we are trying to leave our driveway.  We have a secuity system because we have three stories counting our basement and my dh takes lots of trips.  One his first out of town trip when we moved in two years ago our alarm went off saying basement movement at 2:30 am.  I know he did something I could feel something bad all day that day and even told my mom and dh that I felt like something was going to happen and I had the kids in the bed with me because if that feeling.  Well, Thursday of last week I walked out my door and saw the DARE cop car, two sheriffs, and two city police cars at his house.  I thought thank you lord you are answering my prayers.  well, they left and they boy is still there.  Over the weekend there were teenagers everywhere in the street and it was extremely cold!!  Tonight I leave to take my dd to a middle school ballgame come home to start dinner and I hear about five minutes of firecrackers.  MY ds (5) jumps on the couch covers his head and wont let go of me.  Dh is at work and I have to go get dd soon and I have to tell you I am scared to walk out my backdoor!!

I have been praying for protection and luckily nothing serious has happened.  But this stuff has got to end.  I have been praying Lord send him away or change him or send us a new place to live.  About two weeks after I started praying this out Landlord whom is a doctor called and "Lowered our rent"  so I thought ok this is a sign we need to stay and I stopped looking.  But all the junk has started back up and now our last neighbor on the street has custody of his 14 year old granddaughter her mom deserted her she has been sent off failed two grades at school ect.  Well guess who has been causing trouble together.  I just dont know what to do anymore or even how to pray.  I need advice ladies and some extra prayers send up for our situation.  No its not a health situation but my children and myself are always nervous of what next and that has to end.  Thank you for your time.

I also wanted to add that a few weeks ago my dh was on our roof putting up christmas lights and the neighbor boy had friends over and they were shooting high powered pellet/beebee buns at our backyard we have up a privacy fence but they were shooting like crazy and my children were outside.  DH yelled at them and asked them to please not shoot towards our home while the children were outside and he had to say it three times then the boy grabbed the gun away from his friend walked to the end of his driveway and shot the gun into the ground about five times one right after the other.  this boy is troubled and I need for a change to happen soon.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ALLMOM1211
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I would call the police on him every time he pulled a stunt. They may not be able to do anything at that moment but perhaps after building up all these reports you could get a restraining order of some kind? I'm sorry I'm not much help but I definately wouldnt let him bully you or he'll just keep doing it, except worse!

AmyMarie82
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:44 PM

I agree! You need to file a police report. Let them know everything that has been going on. Just like you told us.That way they have a record of whats been going on. Also if you saw the police at his house...it sounds like he is known to be a trouble maker.

Sometimes kids like this are acting out because they WANT help. And as sad as it may sound....sometimes that help comes in the form of jail. Some time to get away from his everyday life to think about what got him in that situation in the first place.

I will say a prayer for you and your family.

Let us know what happens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)