Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ARD for Emotional Disturbance

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:38 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 218 Total Views

It took a note from the pdoc but after 2 years things are finally being set into motion. I am so tired of phone calls and emails from the principal. I have 2 file folders full of disciplinary reports from just this year. He gets kicked off the bus as soon as he is allowed back on, which as i explained to the principal is not a punishment for him because that is exactly what he wants. He is sent daily to on campus suspension for being disrespectful to teachers and refusing to do his work.  That is not a punishment to him either because he likes being in there.  They call because he sleeps too much, they call because he is too hyper and running around the room. They call me asking for "hints, tips or tricks" for dealing with his problems.  They have felt he is  "too smart" for any extra help and i could tell the principal was angry when i gave her the referral from his psychiatrist but  when i was reviewing the ard paperwork i noticed that he qualified for emotional disturbance immediately because of the list of qualifying behaviors.  i feel as if they were lazy and neglected to recommend him for this program earlier.

he is a very lonely child and i am sorry for him. i love him so dearly but his outburst and aggressive attitudes scare people away. he is also overweight now due to meds wearing men size clothing. He always wears pants with elastic waists because he out grows jeans so quicky. Even weight neutral meds have made him gain weight. he does have lucid moments though but his moods change so quickly. For the past 3 years he has been hospitalized during oct/nov. this year he got his things together and asked to go to the hospital. it is the only time he has been that he has not been on suicide watch and he was out in 2 weeks instead of 4.

Shannon

mother to Elijah 11 dx bipolar nos,and ICD or ODD (depending on who you ask)

current meds geodon and celexa

past meds abilify, topamax, trileptal, seroqual, seroqual xr alone and in different combos

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
kecoter3
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 8:22 AM

I so feel for you.. our son has had a string of difficulties throughout  his life, but once he started HS things spiralled downhill.. Once he was diagnosed bi-polar along with the ADHD and put on Depakote/concerta, things have been much better.. We still have our days but things are better... Best of luck to you and your family!!!

Kecoter3
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)