Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new and have alot of day to day stesses

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 6:33 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 208 Total Views
hi im new in here and i do have a son thats suspected to have ADHD but he hasnt been diagnossed with it yet but he has alot of problems in school and at home with his impolsive actions outbursts and tantums its hard to think that he can be like this its usually with a large group he does the best with one to one attention and as long as hes getting it from the same person hes really consistant with his behaviors its usually the same thing daily that will bother him or he does the same things at home that hes not suposed to and he knows its wrong and does it anyway but in school hell be fine after the weekend having a fresh start but by the end of the week im getting disiplen reports suspention from the bus was the latest one because he stuck his head and hands out the window but with his tantrums some times he has to be held so he dont break things or start going after his brother and sister but when hes restrained he bites kicks screams pulls hair to make you let go and it hurts me when i have to do these things but thats what has to be done i wont let go untill he calms and is quiet but after that hes good and relaxed and playing but then maybe 20 mins later back at the same thing again getting into things being load its like he cant sit still constant bouncing off the walls i felt like awhile ago that its just him being a boy all aild but he will grow out of it and he will be going to school soon and will tier him but theres no down time with him unless hes sleeping or is sick. it was thought before since hes had so many ear infections that might be the case so he had tubes put in and thats been a year ago and im happy to say ear infection free. and that well that wasnt the case it seems now that getting older his behavior is worsining and im trying to get my husband to realize that he does need help because these constant daily strugles between his school and things at home is becomming hard for me to manage i dont like the fact that he might need medacation because im scarred of the effects that it may have but i also know that with the school being involved i will be forced to do so. i know he needs something he does have an appointment to be evalueated and screen for possable bi-polar because i have a brother that is bi-polar but yea im more scarred then any thing.

by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mommy2TZK
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 6:55 PM

I am going through a lot of the same thing with my 4yo. There are a few sites you can visit that will shed some light on both ADHD and Bipolar Disorder. If you have a family member with bipolar it is possible your son has it too. I would suggest you visit the below sites and if you have an library near by go check out the book "The Bipolar Child" by Demetri Papolos It is very informative and a wonderful book. Here are the sites I suggest and I am sure others will also suggest some great sites:

http://www.jbrf.org/publicsurveys

http://www.myoutofcontrolteen.com

I have visited so many I can't remember all of them. But if you google ore yahoo search the terms: ADHD, and Early Onset Bipolar you will find a ton of links with a lot of information.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)