Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advise about my 4 1/2 year old-

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 10:02 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 188 Total Views
Hello everyone!

I need some advise. I have a beautiful 10 year old son that has been diagnosed with ADD. I have a 4 1/2 year old that is having all the same symptoms. We brought it up to our older sons psychiatrist but he says that he does not like to medicate kids this young. My 4 1/2 year old is getting worse and worse and it is embarassing to take him out in public as he goes crazy. He does it at home as well. I just see him getting more and more agrresive and I do not want him hurting himself or another child. I read an article that fish oil can help but I am skeptical as I really have not heard a lot about it helping. I just need to know if there is anyone out there that has a child out there that is under five that has been diagnosed and what they had to go to to get them help.

Thanks!
by on May. 4, 2007 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Relivmom
by on May. 4, 2007 at 11:02 PM
Carrie, I Was in a similar situation. Our son was young when we noticed some of his behavior issues. Last year when he was about 5 1/2 we sought the help of a private therapist to work with behavior charts, etc. My son was having "breakdowns" several times a day. It would be extreme sometimes where he would even say he hated himself, he hated me and so on. He had a hard time learning in school as well as we have found that he has a learning disorder. We discussed options and my husband and I both agreed not to pursue meds because we had seen some of the horrible side effects on some of our friends kids. What I started to look into was a more natural supplement or changing his diet. My background is working with kids on the autism spectrum and diet and nutrition plays a big role in helping those children. Anyway, I found a product called Reliv now and it has done wonders for our son. After using the product for several months we noticed his behaviors improved, his focus in school improved and since that time his grades have improved. He is a much easier child to be around. I have found that the Reliv product has helped all sorts of children with such things as the 4 A's, autism, adhd, allergies and asthma. If you are interested in learning more about it, send me an email. I can put you in touch with some others that have used the products. dphart66@yahoo.com or my cafe mom email It is definitely something worth looking into. I am thankful that someone told me about the product. Doreen
Carrie1018
by on May. 5, 2007 at 11:46 PM
Thank you so mcuh for the imput. I have never heard of Reliv. Is it in stores?
mommy2TZK
by on May. 6, 2007 at 11:49 PM
I know what you are feeling. I asked my kids ped. about my 4 1/2 yo daughters "attitude" and he brushed it off. When I took my son to his psych. appt. I asked his pdoc. I told her that I am not really wanting to medicate my daughter at this point, but that I would like to know if there is something going on with her. I feel it is better to know now so we can try to help her without meds before she starts school (another year from now). I would ask if they would just evaluate him so you know and can try to help him before it gets worse.

christal
Carrie1018
by on May. 7, 2007 at 1:15 PM

Yea we just asked our oldest son's psyciatrist to meet with us to see what he thinks. I just get so upset when he acts up and it is a lot of the time :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)