Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer vaca. How do you keep them busy?

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:53 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 199 Total Views
OK ya'll, Zack only has 12 1/2 DAYS left of school. I am at a lose of how I am going to keep him busy through summer break. Leting him play outside and riding his bike only occupies him for a little while. Does anyone have any ideas for keep and ADHD kid busy during the summer? And how to make sure they stay a grade level through the summer? I want to make sure he is ready for 1st grade in the fall. He is very smart, I just need some ideas on how to keep him for "forgetting" what he has learned this year. Thanks
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
debj49
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:38 PM

first of all he needs to have fun and you can keep his skills up by incorporating things he likes to do into learning also. there are online sites that can help with this. I'll see what I can find out  too and let you know. because I will be doing the same in about 3 weeks!

gavsmommy
by on May. 8, 2007 at 6:05 PM
The principal at my kids school has always advised us to keep them reading and try to have them write in a journal.  It is best to do it daily, but in the summer I know it is more like 3 or 4 times a week.  She also suggested that if your child has someone that they can write to that lives out of state or away, to have them write a letter to them about their day or their week and maybe have them draw a picture too.  My daughter did this with her grandparents and she loved it and so did they. 

I have 3 kids so I am dreading the summer.  My kids last day is 2 weeks from today.  We are going to have swimming lessons and here they have Kids at College, which is a 2 week program and my 2 older ones are going to go to that, which is about 4 hours a day.  I have June pretty much filled up.  Other than that they will be outside and swimming most of the day, plus we have a theme park beside near us and it has a water park there, so we will be there alot.
missy812
by on May. 8, 2007 at 6:43 PM
My son liked the computer games. You know the ones that make a game out of numbers, colors, letters.  They find them fun and helps them remember everything that you have been teaching them. Plus it is something that will keep them interested. Just wait till they get older mines 11 so we now have all kinds of game tables to keep him busy.    
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)