Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible that Bipolar disorder could actually be Demon posession?

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:45 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 253 Total Views
I am a christian with a bipolar daughter. She is being treated with Lithium and is under the care of a pshychologist. I have been told lately that people with these disorders actually have demons. When I first heard about this I thought it was rediculous. Then I did some research in the Bible and was floored at all the healing that Jesus did that was mainly casting demons out of people, mentally and physically.  Do any of you all think it could actually be possible that we could heal our loved ones by casting out demons? Please know, I am not a fruitcake, I just like to check out all possibilities to help my child. (not that I would or would not act on them unless I was absolutely convinced)! What are your thoughts on this and have any of you had any experiences with this?
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:52 PM
kinda speechless here!  I can't say in your daughters case, but I know without a doubt that my boys that have BIPOLAR disorder, are not afflicted with demons.
by on May. 7, 2007 at 10:02 PM

You,Julsy are far from being a fruitcake. Dont think that way. Dealing with a child that has mental disorders can be very draining. And when you are at the end of your rope, you look to cling on to anything you can.

My son, who is 6 can have violent mood swings. And I can swear to God and on my mom's ashes that I have seen him with "demon eyes". And his demeanor changes to almost what seems like demonic posession. I used to be very frightened of my own little boy.

But, I am sorry to say, what your child has is just plain out and simply a mental disorder. Sometimes, God gives us our children in this way to test our true faith and to show us as parents just how strong we are. And I know that my boy has taught me several things in the last few years. God has blessed my family with him in our lives.

Yes, we have our bad days. There are days I wanna send him air-mail to somewhere so I dont have to deal with him. But, I just ask God for guidance and patience in those times. And to give me the knowledge to handle the situation at hand as it arises.

I know that you are grasping for straws. I used to also. And I did the guilt trips and pitty parties. But, all you can do is live in your faith that the Lord will see you through the tough times, make sure your child is getting the most out of her care and just love and support her 100%.

I hope that I have helped and shed a little light on this for you. If you need to talk more, please do feel free to message me.

by on May. 8, 2007 at 9:25 AM

We have all been there at some point, looking for reason why our child is this way. I used to call my son the "demon child" because he was SOO bad all the time. (he is bipolar AND ADHD).

If it was just a case of "demon possesion" it would be alot easier to deal with, we could just have the demons cast out. But unfortunatly it is not that easy. We are going to have to struggle for the rest of their lives with their "disease" (and remember thats just what it is, a disease just like diabetes and cancer).

For me it was easier to exept the diagnosis because I am bipolar and so are his grandmothers(yup both sides of the family) and his great-grandmother. Man do I WISH it was just demon posession, they I could be better too!

Good luck hun. And if you haven't read "The Bipolar Child" By Demetri Papolos (not sure of the spelling) read it. It will help you better understand bipolar disorder in kids.

by on May. 8, 2007 at 11:39 AM
I myself am bi-polar (1-rapid cycler) and my son is headed that way according to our doctor. (He's ADHD/ODD/OCD for now) Although I professs to believe in the Christian faith (Jesus is my  savior, he died for my sins, I've been saved and baptised)  I CERTAINLY am not practicing what I preach right now in my life. but, I have wondered the same thing about demon possession- at least satan's influence on my thinking- cuz I'll tell ya what- When I am in the darkest stages of depresssion and feel extremely suicidal- the thougts that go through my head- only someone or something evil would put those thoughts there because when I'm NOT depressed- I WOULD never even allow those kinds of thoughts to enter my mind- at all- but when I'm really down- I DWELL on them- Like the devil is just sitting on my shoulder and knocking on my "head" to get in and get me thinking horrible thoughts about how I want to end my life - which is perfectly fine by the way- I have NO reason on this earth to kill myself- it's so hard to explain- I wish those of you who aren't bi-polar could live in our heads just for a while and see how confusing it is in there, even to ourselves. In conclusion- to answer your question- could bi-polar disorder or any other mental health issue be possession? Maybe- Only God knows that one for sure- but if you're a christian- don't forget that THERE IS a spirit world around us- God tells us that in the bible- and that Satan is always trying to win- no matter what. So yes, I DO believe it's a possibility. And I'm not crazy either, nor is the person who posted this question- although I sure feel that way sometimes! LOL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)