Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am losing control..........

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:25 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 210 Total Views
My daughter who is BI-Polar........... got asked by her astranged father to go to a christening of her new cousin, without my permission and her step mother bought her this totally hoochie dress to wear( inappropriate for this sort of event) Anyway it's this morning and I found out that his brother who is a convicted chil molester ( and also molested him ) is going to be there. I have sole custody of my daughter and told her she is not going and called her father and told him she can't go. So she starts throwing irons across the rom and brushes at her brother. And her dad cals back and says to her forget it  and talks to me and says he's nt coming to get her and now she having a fit and leaving and God only knows where she is going to go and who she's going to be with. But the stupid police have said in the past that they won't get her becuase she is 17 eventhough she has a mental condition. i feel like I am losing my mind today. Was I wrong for saying she can't go???
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
corapigrls
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:42 PM
No you were not wrong for saying she can't go!!! You were only trying to protect her but  you know how bi-polar children can be if something is not what they want "the Sh*t hits the fan"  Hopefully she comes back soon!
LunaStar
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:44 PM
She got so mad she broke her new brush that she layed on her bed an fell sleep.  :0)
rdsword
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:49 PM
No you were not wrong!! You are her advocate nothing else to say on that point. My son will get so angry he too will fall asleep after a rage.
dee2004
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:41 PM
You were correct in your decision to keep her home. I think it is terribly sad that the police will not help you. I can only imagine the helpless feeling you must be having. Hang tough, do not doubt your decisions, and remember YOU ARE A GOOD MAMMA! Good luck!
Homeschool06
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:43 PM
No you were not wrong for saying no. You did the right thing.

Jennifer Crystal Gorecki Tims
lipstickclouds
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:06 PM

You definitley weren't wrong, its the nature of bi-polar that they get so irrational and freaked out when things don't go their way, but that doesn't mean it's your fault, you were doing what you needed to so you could protect her. I hope everything works out okay for you guys.

Emily

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)