Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

very frustrating day

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:01 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 227 Total Views

I've had such a frustrating day today My adopted son Gregory had a really bad day, it started off when he hit his friend Zack on the head. Fortunately I caught it and he couldn't play with him again for the day. Then ge got so pissed and refused to stand in corner for calling me names. I told him then he could go to his room until he calmed down. He then proceeded to throw stuff out of it, ran out, I caught him and he tried to kick, bite, punch and scratch me. I felt to frustrated and feel so hostile toward him. Frankly I really wish I could just run away! I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but this gets so old and I feel just so tired of it. I find myself so resentful of his birth mom who abandoned him when he was shy of 2 yrs old. I guess I want to blame her for his problem. He was given to us and my life changed suddenly. I guess I should have given it more thought, but it was a moral dilema and now it's too late. I feel so stuck in my life right now, and feel so guilty for wanting to be doing other things in life. My daughter is 16 and I am an older mother who just wants her freedom  back instead of being tied down again! I know these feelings will pass, but they do surface all the time. I see his cute face and I know he can't really help how he feels, it's just hard. If anyone has read this, thanks for letting me vent.
If you are a prayer, please pray for us if not send us positive vibes!
Olga

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jillysmom
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:17 AM
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. We all have them. I have a dtr with ADHD and feel like we are on a rollercoaster everyday.
DandKplus4
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:59 AM
I am sry that you had such a rough day. Sadly they do come more then we like. But hang in there and in the end you will be proud of what you have done.
jinxmom
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:48 AM

This too shall pass.  Been there and you do get tired and it's okay but don't give up.  Raising adhders and children with bipolar, etc. can be frustrating and there are times when you do want to give up but we don't b/c we know where they will be w/o our love and support.  Vent away we are here.
dllr99
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:31 PM

I TOTALLY understand what you are going thru.  My son Alex is upstairs right now screaming.  He was supposed to be in bed no later that 9 p.m.  Our school year is balanced calendar so we are back to school already.  He told me when it was bedtime that he had homework, after he had told me it was all done.  Now he is mad that I will not let him watch t.v.  His father and I divorced when he was a baby, and I am remarried.  He is now screaming to call his father, something he has done just the last few weeks when he doesn't get his way.  His father and I now get along fairly well, and his dad is pretty supportive of my decisions, but he does baby him more out of guilt of now being with him more.  The screaming drives my husband and I thru the roof.  Sometimes I lose my patients and scream back, then I feel terrible afterwards.  After an hour of it I am at my wits end.  He is really a handful in the morning as well, usually just bouncing off the walls, doing stupid things just to get into trouble, laughing as he makes messes out of anything and everything.  His older siblings get fed up with him and beg me to make him mind.  Until his Concerta kicks in (after about 1/2 hour) he is a brat.  Then of course, by evening, that is worn off as well.  The school tells me he minds well, and of course I want that, but I feel I get the worst of him, before his meds work and after they have worn off.  He is my youngest child, and I know if he had been my first, he would be an only child.  I never really understood what ADHD was until Alex.  He is exhausting! As I finish this post, he is still screaming and probably will continue until he either throws up or falls asleep.

SueLynn
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:05 PM
I can say my heart goes out to you, as my son too was adopted, which had nothing to to do with his being adhd. This for us began in 1989. I went thru the exact same things, felt the same way you do. What I know is by the grace of God he helped us make it thru. We had a 15 yr old and a 10 yr old when we got John, and oh my what a challenge. When John was 17 he REFUSED to take Meds, anymore. He was absolutely a grown up as wide open as he was in kindergarden, only now DRIVING ! And at 20, he wrecked his car and died. Leaving his 7wk old son. We have had him now for almost 3 yrs. he`ll be 5 on Mon. And he is ADHD as well. SOOO we`re off & running once again. I do ask God what makes us so special to be entrusted with 2 children that need so much love, understanding and tolerance. It`s much more than people just don`t know. Praise, Praise, I try to see anything positive and BLOW IT UP BIG. I`m sure you do too. I will pray for your family, only God knows your heart and how very stressful things can be. We`re not as young as we were the first time around. I`m 58, my hubby is 59. Hang in there, and beleive for courage, strength, and understanding. Just get off someplace and call out to God for the moment, He`ll hear you.  :>)    ps: we also have another baby, he was 6wks when we got him, he`s the half brother of our grandson, he`s almost 3 now. Our plate is full huh?

Sue Lynn
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)