Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a sick world...(edited to further explain myself)

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 9:34 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 321 Total Views

I read 2 news stories that are worth sharing tonight.

The first is about the little boy that was found in a trash bag...Warning: GRAPHIC

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070322/ap_on_re_us/missing_boy_9

After reading this story, I think that you should all find the time to visit your local police dept. or website to find out if there are preditors living in your area!!!!

The second is about a little girl who was overdosed and died from many of the same drugs that a lot of you are using for ADHD and Bipolar for your children. Having a daughter with Bipolar, I have been through every drug out there and too often the first opinion is taken and is left at that. PLEASE get 2nd and/or 3rd opinions and research these drugs and the diagnosis you have been given! This is my opinion only, but maybe something that someone out there has not thought about.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070323/ap_on_he_me/drugged_to_death;_ylt=Ap7WbhoLz7jDFwEHEr8U5e3MWM0F

I believe the parents in the 2nd story were at fault! Because of the way the doctor and pharmacists handled their end of things, that is why I think it is important for the responsible parents, like us, to make sure that we get more than one opinion about our kids and make sure we research the drugs prescribed before just handing them over to our kids. In the article, it stated that some of these drugs are not meant for children and even a slight overdose of them could be fatal. That to me is alarming! It also says that it is very difficult to diagnose bipolar in very young children, which is something that I have personally been through, so I think that diagnosis warrants more than one or two opinions. This is our children's mental health we are talking about.

I apologize if I sounded accusatory in my original posting.

What are your thoughts on these stories?!

by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TipsyP
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 9:42 PM
Thats MESSED UP! Damn disgusting people!
Bizzymomz
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 9:45 PM
That's the least of what came out of my mouth when I read these! How can people be so cruel and evil as to harm an innocent little child in either of these ways?! It just goes against every belief I hold onto about harming no one. But how can I not think of all the ways to harm these people and still be true to my faith?! This makes it so hard.
sharonj
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 10:13 PM
The first article is more proof that child molesters ( that word looks an awful lot like the word monster) cannot be rehabilitated. I makes me so angry .

The second article is not a reflection of responsible parenting. This is an example of  what can happen when highly disfunctional people become parents. This child died of abuse at the hand of her parents. I also think the "system" failed her. Everyone knew something was wrong..... still she died.

These people should all have to die in the sam manner as their victims.

Bizzymomz
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 10:35 PM
My reaction to the 2nd story, was referring to the dr's involved and that it seemed as if they didn't know what they were doing or talking about and that is why I encouraged people to be careful and get all the info they can on the meds they are giving their kids along with the dx. I agree that these parents were not responsible at all!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)