Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advice on relocating with a child that has ADHD (Lynchburg, Va)

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:08 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 285 Total Views

Hi, my name is Lisa and my husband and I more then likely will be relocating to the Lynchburg area sometime soon.  My son is only 4 1/5 but he has been daignosed with ADHD.  I come from Ny and we have alot of programs for children in the schools for these issues and I am really happy with the programs that he is involved in and his school now.   I don't know where to start calling and asking questions and who to even ask.  If anyone is from that area or anyone is familiar with relocating and questions to ask and who to call please help me. =))  He is going to be going into Kindergarden next year and I hope to be living in an area that has alot of options for him in school.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Mother to William age 4 1/2, ADHD

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
aragland
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 12:44 AM

All schools have a program for children with ADHD, just some schools are better then others. They are required by law to have a program for children with disabilities. You can call the school district where you will more then likely be located and then can help direct you to the person who can answer all of your questions. We are military so we have made some moves in our time and that is what I do. I just call them, explain the children's conditions and ask witch school is best equipped to work with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)