Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Help!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 10:15 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 317 Total Views
My son has ADHD and Bi-Polar!  He's 8 years old and already on 2 different medications.  I've had him in conseling and it has not helped one bit.  He is out of control.  He frequently lies and steAls.  He can be very violent and does not listen to me at all.  Recently I have had DFS inVestigating me because he goes to school and tells them lies about how he is treated at home.  I could really use some advice and some one to talk to.  PLEASE!
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 1:32 AM
I sent you a private message with my response to this post.  Feel free to message me!  Thanks!
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 2:40 AM
Hi Amber: really got a double whammy didn't you....I really feel for you having known a freind with Bi-polar and my own son's ADHD.  I can only address the ADHD.  I don't know where you live or what your resourses are but there is a psychologist in
Scottsdale, AZ who claims to have gotten many of his clients off medication entirely using a video game called Smart Brain Game.

His name is Sam Mareno 4440 E. Indian School  (602) 957-4669

I hope this is of assistance to you and I will ask our Creator to send you assistance as well.

Love and Light to You,

by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 10:30 PM

I have a 16 year old and have gone through all you said since he was 5 he has ALOT more diag. then yours at this time. 

From my experience of all the programs we have done and tried COUNCELING dont work unless he is willing to talk.  If you are involved with children and youth... you need to ask them about Respice in your area and also maybe wrap around and IN HOME caseworker.   Feel free to contact me anytime... my son like i said is now 16 and we have been through the stealing, smoking, abuse from him to me, fire starting and a heck of alot more. 

Email me ANYTIME dont no if i can help but i wish i would of had someone to talk to when I needed it so here to listen
by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 8:59 AM
I have an 18 year old that is incarcerated right now due to his condition, ADD.  He is supposed to be released next week and return to our home.   I hate to say it but I am not looking forward to the caious that will follow.  It is always someone else's faught for his actions.
You are not alone.  Don't make the same mistakes that I did and not seek out all the help that you can.
It is tough, but at least you have an out on this sight.  I wish this existed when my son was younger and I could talk to others going through the same issues.
It seems when they reach teenage years that they stop taking their medication and think that they can handle life by themselves.  Whatever you do try your hardest to keep him on the track of you are trying to help him not harm him. It's easier said than done.
by on Apr. 1, 2007 at 4:46 PM
Hi, I am here because of my son who is almost 10, he has been diagnosed since he was 4, I realized something was wrong when the principal called me one day about him pushing another child down the stairs, and she said "He shows no remorse", I was highly ticked that she would say such a thing about my child, but I began to realize he had issues, He would destroy my home, tearing down curtains, throwing objects, screaming, and all I could do was sit on the couch and cry. So I started the long process of doctors, medications, diagnoses, phycologist, physciatrict centers, ect.... he has been diagnosed as, AD/HD, bi-polar, PDD. As I said he is almost 10 now and he is currently going through a series of new testing, I also deal with DFS, and I just try to grin and bear it, I know I am not abusive and all reports have been proven false but they stick around for support, the caseworker I have right now is really nice and she actually has helped me quite a bit on resources an such, I also have 2 younger son's who have been victims of my oldest son's wrath, they have been sent to the emergency room several times because of his agressivness, My oldest is currently staying at his grandmothers, while he is going through his testing, and for the safety of his siblings, it is hard, and I just wanted you to know you are not alone and anytime you need to vent, contact me, Please, Take Care.
by on Apr. 1, 2007 at 7:45 PM
My son is 9 years old and is Bi Polar and Gifted. Once I got his meds regulated, they explained to me that his violent, disobediant behavior was "Learn Behavior" and he needed to be taught alll over again on I to behave. The Psychologist recomended a Behavioral Analyst come into my home and taught me how to handle him and I learned how to get his behavioral under contrel. If you have any questions, you may write directly to me and I will try to help. karen
by on Apr. 1, 2007 at 7:52 PM

WOW I can relate. 7 and 8 were bad years for my son. He also went to school and told them that I frequently left him and his infant sister home over weekends and stuff! Ya imagine how I felt when I got a note....yes a NOTE not a phone call from his teacher telling me she was going to turn me in if I didn't stop.
I went to the school and had to talk to the counselor with him but she eventually believed that he was lying. He also tore the screen out of his bedroom window and would jump out the window and run down the street when I sent him to his room or tried to make him go to school. I had to call for help almost everyday to get him dressed and out the door. It was awful. We even had to have his Dad flown home from overseas because he was so out of control.
What meds is your son on right now? Do they think they could boost his counseling up to 2 times a week? They did that for my son when he was really at his worst.

I sure wish I could give you huge words of wisdom but all I can say is please try to take some time for yourself and get away. I didn't do that for a very long time, and even now when I find myself not doing it I force myself to do it and it makes a difference.

Try to find a local group through your church or maybe the counselor would know of one, that you could get together with Moms that share your experiences and maybe even share some babysitting so you CAN get out once in awhile.

by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 1:35 AM
My son is now 101/2 but diagnosed ADHD, and bipolar when he  was 8.  It is a tough time.  Maybe he needs more of a cocktail of medication to help control the symptoms so that therapy can start to work.  
You have to make a commitment to therapy to see any results.  And you have to go to therapy with him.  It will help you be a better parent and at the same time, your son will absorb the therapy even if it seems he is not listening.  It will help.  Stick with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)