Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast pump

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:26 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 322 Total Views

This is probally out there, but does anyone have a breast pump they would want to sale? Or know a friend that has one? 

Also for anyone that has delivered at the hospital on base do you know if they rent them out?

thanks

amber

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dollarmenuchick
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:58 PM

they are suppose to rent them out on base but the last time i called they told me they were out. but the said that the medical center in yucca valley rents them for 30 dollars a month

mrs.terry
by Group Admin on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Quoting dollarmenuchick:

they are suppose to rent them out on base but the last time i called they told me they were out. but the said that the medical center in yucca valley rents them for 30 dollars a month

OK, I found one at walmart in yucca for 40.00 but its not a double but its still electric so i might try it...not sure yet though

Adja70
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:22 PM

I hated breats pumps! they were a pain in the ass to work! I loved BF! I miss it too! I only BF for 3 months , because I had surgery and I was taking medicine for pain for a long while... :(I tried BP but it's so difficult. if you can master that  I shall bow down to you!! lol

mrs.terry
by Group Admin on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Quoting Adja70:

I hated breats pumps! they were a pain in the ass to work! I loved BF! I miss it too! I only BF for 3 months , because I had surgery and I was taking medicine for pain for a long while... :(I tried BP but it's so difficult. if you can master that  I shall bow down to you!! lol

LOL, I tried with my first daughter and lasted like 2days, it hurt so bad and made my you know bleed and stuff, never got the hang of it, but this time im determined to try alot harder and make it work!

Adja70
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Quoting mrs.terry:

LOL, I tried with my first daughter and lasted like 2days, it hurt so bad and made my you know bleed and stuff, never got the hang of it, but this time im determined to try alot harder and make it work!

it hurts like a mother for a good 2 weeks! lol I cried and my nips were so soar! but you put lanolin oinment after BFand it helps the healing and feels good! Damn i gettin baby fever!

usmcwife1218
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:39 PM

The hospital at camp Lejeune gave me these gel things to help with the sore nipples I have also found them at toysrus I think medela makes them.  I strongly suggest getting some of those I am going to order them because I am not sure if this hospital has them.  I BF for 7 months w/ Jorja and definately plan on it with this one too.  If the $40 pump is a first years I had that when I had Jorja I used it once in awhile and by the time I stopped BF it was done for.  My mom just got me a nice Medala BP for Christmas, I can't wait to use it.  SOrry I don't have one or know anything about rentals.

Jennifer 

Mommy2MrJacob
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:40 PM

If i wasn't planning on using mine i would totally sell it to u, my sis bought me a great one ... it was like $300 ... I breastfed my son for an entire year, so i used it a lot, and i plan on doing the same with my daughter, we'll see if i last that long this time ... lol ... good luck .. i would try base though, i don't know if tere is a visiting nurse there but here in yuma she always has them on hand, if not try the loan locker with NMCRS.

mrs.terry
by Group Admin on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Thank you everyone, and I cant remember if it was a first years one or not at walmart, but i really want to get a medela..but i want to wait before spending that much to make sure that I can actually follow though with this! lol

MommaManda09
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:57 PM

If you don't mind using a used one, I bought mine of E-bay then turned around and sold it for more then I paid for it. You should check it out. I got the Medela Pump in style for $100 including shipping then sold it for $119 plus shipping.

marinewifemom3
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I'm not sure if they do it here, I haven't had a baby since I've moved here. At Lejeune, if you were signed up for WIC, you could get a pump through them. It might be worth checking out here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)