• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:27 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 402 Total Views

Took four test today and they are all positive. We were not trying. I did have the urge to have another baby but I wanted to wait because he might be deploying in july. Well ...... I am kinda of sad and happy all at the same time. Does that make sense?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leslie_myers
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:33 PM

A baby is always a blessing! Many take for granted what others want so badly. Congrats! I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys!

usmcwife1218
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:39 PM

As I said before congrats.

Jennifer

adensangel
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Congrats!  It truly is a blessing!  We having been trying for almost 2 years to have another child and no luck....  I know it all may seem like too much but God never hands ANYONE a situation he didn't feel they could handle.  There is a lot of support around here for those whose husbands deploy.  I have many friends who have similar situations and while not easy, it all turned out okay :)  Hang in there and remember there are tons of people who can be there for you when you need all you have to do is ask!  Good Luck and Congrats!

Mommy2MrJacob
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Hey girl .. CONGRATS !!! I know exactly how you feel, i took 3 myself when i knew i was pregnant. We were supposed to wait another year, i felt worse because my lil man is so young, but like everyone else has said it really is a blessing, and your feeling will change. I still feel bad i don't have as much energy and patience for my lil man but we are some of the lucky ones that get the chance to have children AT ALL. Everytime my son would drive me crazy or wake me up after being so tired in the middle of the night i would literally tell myself people would give up just about anything to be able to do this, and it really would make me feel better and realize how lucky i was. Don't worry everything will work out, if you need to talk I'm here, don't feel bad about how you feel i know exactly where you are coming from .

charmedpixie
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:09 PM

thanks ladies i really hope i get more happy about this. i feel really stupid that i feel bad. we just got settled into our 2 bedroom house on base and i am wondering if it is enough room for us now.

Kerry_momof2
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:05 AM

First of all congrads!! And yeah they will be deploying  during the summer so it will be hard but that is why if you stay here make some friends who can help you out!! Also don't worry my two are 18 months apart and it is challenging at times but it is getting better now she is getting older!  Next if you want a bigger house best thing i would say is when hubby is deployed get on the waiting list for a 3 bedroom quarter to quarter move i don't know how it works but you can have it set to when you want it to a certain day when he gets back.

LiAnnaM
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Congrats!! My husband actually deploys this summer too. But like some other girls said, if you're staying make a lot of friends just so you have others you can depend on. It's easier to have friends around to help out. Our first deployment i was pregnant and just moved here so i had no friends at all and it was the most difficult thing ever. I was always worried what would happen if i went into labor with no one around. Anyways, Congrats again!!! And if you ever do need anything while he is gone, don't be afraid to ask!

adensangel
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Hey I just wanted to add something; There is nothing wrong with being apprehensive about having another baby in your situation.  There are so many hormones going through you right now that I am sure you barely know what to feel.  When I first got pregnant, I cried and cried.  I didn't think I was ready, I didn't think we were ready (dh too) even though we had been married 4 years, I was soooo sick, and depressed.  Ofcourse by the time my 6 month rolled around, yes I was that sick for that long....  I was so excited.  I am sure a lot of people looked down on me..... (in laws... cough cough :)  But poop on them it was my life changing not thiers, so take it day by day and DON'T feel guilty about being sad or unhappy, we all have our own way dealing with things and there is no right or wrong :)  I just wanted you to know :)  Take Care

mommyhinky
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:29 PM

We tried for 2 yrs before conceiving Claire... then got our BFP  RIGHT before he went to train for Iraq, he left when she was 2 months old (as expected) and YES I cried. A lot. I was overjoyed to be pregnant, but I was sooooooo scared to do it alone. It just makes you reasonable and responsible. It shows you are weighing out your priorities, and that is a good thing.

And BTW,

way to gohugscongratulations

charmedpixie
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 4:21 PM

thank you ladies so much for the support . i am such a worry wart though my son has been giving me such a hard time lately i pray i will have enough patience!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)