Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tattoo *UPDATE*

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:37 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 314 Total Views

I REALLY want to get a tattoo next week, but I don't know where I should go? UPDATE: I went Sunday night to Solid Tattoo, and got it done! IT HURT SO BAD, and right now it's kind of swollen, but I like it! I have to go back after it heals to get the greenery done but I'm happy with it!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krista2012
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM

strata tattoo in yucca valley is supposed to be good... the owner's work has been published in tattoo magazines. (i haven't been there tho)

leslie_myers
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:57 PM

we go to american made here in town. my husband uses caveman kyle and i use another guy thats really good i just cant think of his name lol. anyways theirs gets published in tattoo mag. too. its all in the style that you want!

saralizabeth
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:21 PM

I want to get my kids' birth month flowers on my foot. I have a vine around my ankle, so I want to add on to that and have it wrap down onto my foot!

adensangel
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Funny enough my husband got one last night, lol!  His daughters name on his leg and I like the place we go, Ink Bomb.  It in on Adobe coming off base on the left hand side, on the top of the hill at Adobe and Two mile.  I have been to American Made and I hate that it is all in the open, as I have many on my back and I hate showing my crack to the world, lol!  I also love the girl there that did my wrist, I watched her do a cherry blossom, branch and flowers on this girls arm and it looked so amazing!!  I saw something similar in a book that I want to intertwine the ones I have on my back and after seeing it last night i have complete faith that she will do an awesome job.  Good Luck!

saralizabeth
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Thanks! I'll go up there this week and check it out!

Mommy2MrJacob
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:36 AM

I hear the tattoo's there are ridiculously expensive, my husband was trying to get Family First down his forearms last year when he was up there, and they tried charging him almost $200, and he got it here in Yuma for $45, i couldn't believe they were trying to charge that much !! I don't know what kind of work they do, but i still wouldn't pay that much for letters ... lol .. I always wait to go back home ... lol .. good luck though ...  

braydonsmommy
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 4:31 AM

Quoting adensangel:

Funny enough my husband got one last night, lol!  His daughters name on his leg and I like the place we go, Ink Bomb.  It in on Adobe coming off base on the left hand side, on the top of the hill at Adobe and Two mile.  I have been to American Made and I hate that it is all in the open, as I have many on my back and I hate showing my crack to the world, lol!  I also love the girl there that did my wrist, I watched her do a cherry blossom, branch and flowers on this girls arm and it looked so amazing!!  I saw something similar in a book that I want to intertwine the ones I have on my back and after seeing it last night i have complete faith that she will do an awesome job.  Good Luck!

I was going to recommend Ink Bomb as well!  My friend goes to Ink Bomb and will not go anywhere else.  They do some awesome work.

braydonsmommy
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 4:33 AM

Quoting Mommy2MrJacob:

I hear the tattoo's there are ridiculously expensive, my husband was trying to get Family First down his forearms last year when he was up there, and they tried charging him almost $200, and he got it here in Yuma for $45, i couldn't believe they were trying to charge that much !! I don't know what kind of work they do, but i still wouldn't pay that much for letters ... lol .. I always wait to go back home ... lol .. good luck though ...  

My hometown is about 2 hours away from Twentynine Palms, and the only place my dad(a firefighter) will get his tattoos at is here in Twentynine Palms, don't ask me why, but a lot of the firefighters that he works with are like that too!

adensangel
by on Jan. 30, 2009 at 1:37 AM

I love Ink Bomb and this is how I see it is ; you pay what you get for.  I don't think it is bad pricing but it really depends on who is available to do the tattoos?!  If it is someone newer with less experience they are going to charge less than someone who is published and been doing it for most their life.  Also Cali is one of the more expensive states to live in and in return everything can be pricier :)

emily29palms
by on Jan. 30, 2009 at 11:12 AM

My husband's tattoo guy at Body Temple in Oceanside has a welcome sign that reads, "Good tattoos aren't cheap & cheap tattoos aren't good." That's true, but ironically, the guys forgot to shade part of my husband's tattoo.  Does anyone have Palm tree tatts?  I want some and I need design help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)