Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Base hospital

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:13 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 316 Total Views

Well I went in for my check up today. I got all my bloodwork done and even have to pee in a cup twice. No one said "HEY. You know what your really pregnant!" LOL. Seriously I said I got a postive on my home test and then they sent me to the labs and I peed in a cup and they said nothing about bloodwork so I went to the obgyn to fill out paperwork and they said I needed to go back for bloodwork so I went back and there was like 6 tubes waiting to be filled up with my blood for me LOL. I go WOW thats a lot of tubes why do many? And the man says oh its just the stranded for prenatal and then I go "no one said i was pregnant 110%!" and he says let me check lol so he leaves and comes back and I ask him if the results are in and he say yes but he cant tell me.  I was tell him just shake you head yes or no. He says I cant its against hospital policy and he starts getting ready to take my blood lol I go "well since your still taking all my blood for this prenatal bloodwork I am guessing its a yes and he has this smile on his face lol and say "I can not confirm or deny anything." I thought that was funny and he tells me I can get the answer from the OBGYN nurse or something and I go down and I ask the desk lady after they came back from a meeting and she goes let me check and she check and is all going through some paperwork I filled out and I ask her if I am and she says yes then i say yes? and she goes wellllll... i cant say yes or no and then gives me a paper card for my next appt.

Well I know I am but I just want the doctor to say it or someone to say it ! LOL. Seriously with my son it took me until the ultrasound for me to accept the fact there was a baby really really in there!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
braydonsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Well seeing as you got your blood drawn and an appointment card, I am sure that you are pregnant.  Congrats!

Adja70
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:41 PM

ha ha ha ha! I swear that hospital is something else! I hate it when they make you do musical chairs around the hospital! Congrats mamma! you should be happy!

Did you tell you family yet?

charmedpixie
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM

yeah haha i am feeling a little more happy then upset now =)

that is the most crazy hospital experiance i had lol it was driving me nuts! oh yea haha they give signed me up for prenatal vitams to but they "couldnt confirm or deny anything" LOL.

ScarlettsMom905
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I am sooo pissed! I have been trying to call to make an appointment to have a Pap test and my Mirena removed. After getting over 50 busy signals and the phone ringing, I got through 3 times during all that for the OB to put me on hold and never come back, the appointment line saying they don't set up Pap tests and OB does that and then for OB to say no, appointment line sets those up. So, tomorrow I am going into that damn hospital and ripping someone a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY faithful and dedicated Marine Wife *~* OohRah *~*

Loving and nurturing mother to Scarlett Jade *~*9-5-07*~*

http://www.cafemom.com/group/50513

Adja70
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I know this is a military base and all but not everything is classified! hahaha! it's not hard to confirm a pregnancy!

When I was pregnant I did the runaround too, and she did confirm it... I guess they want to make sure it's not a false positive... When i was pregnant I didn't want to keep my hopes high until after the 1st trimester....

Adja70
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Quoting ScarlettsMom905:

I am sooo pissed! I have been trying to call to make an appointment to have a Pap test and my Mirena removed. After getting over 50 busy signals and the phone ringing, I got through 3 times during all that for the OB to put me on hold and never come back, the appointment line saying they don't set up Pap tests and OB does that and then for OB to say no, appointment line sets those up. So, tomorrow I am going into that damn hospital and ripping someone a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read on the base paper that the lines were gonna be down and to make an appointment in person...

And the appt.line DO setup appts.for PAP test! HOW DUMB! I had 2 pap tests by my doc. not the obgyn... I'd make a complaint.. this is not acceptable...and let them know too!! my friend had to go in person to make an appt. because it was impossible to get one by phone!
Good luck!

charmedpixie
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Now that you mention it there was a line at the appt desk but I got my appt at the obgyn desk.

Quoting Adja70:

Quoting ScarlettsMom905:

I read on the base paper that the lines were gonna be down and to make an appointment in person...

And the appt.line DO setup appts.for PAP test! HOW DUMB! I had 2 pap tests by my doc. not the obgyn... I'd make a complaint.. this is not acceptable...and let them know too!! my friend had to go in person to make an appt. because it was impossible to get one by phone!
Good luck!

charmedpixie
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:24 PM

I know lol they act like its top secret its just like hey tell me you know its my record lol but i understand rules are rules even if they are stupid. They had my id and everything its not like I am faking to be myself or someone else lol. Yeah I dont want my hopes up high either but atleast a confirmation would have been nice! UGH. I just ate an hour ago and now I am hungry again. Sigh. My tummy is rumbling.

Quoting Adja70:

I know this is a military base and all but not everything is classified! hahaha! it's not hard to confirm a pregnancy!

When I was pregnant I did the runaround too, and she did confirm it... I guess they want to make sure it's not a false positive... When i was pregnant I didn't want to keep my hopes high until after the 1st trimester....

ScarlettsMom905
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Ok, I have a question. Now, the only time I have been to the doc out here was when I found out I was pregnant, during my pregnancy and right after I had my daughter. All that was done in the OB clinic. Now that I am not pregnant, I have to go to a different clinic? And this doc I have never seen before is a male. I don't want to see a male. Only male I saw was Heninger and if he is not there anymore, I want a female doctor

VERY faithful and dedicated Marine Wife *~* OohRah *~*

Loving and nurturing mother to Scarlett Jade *~*9-5-07*~*

http://www.cafemom.com/group/50513

Adja70
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Quoting ScarlettsMom905:

Ok, I have a question. Now, the only time I have been to the doc out here was when I found out I was pregnant, during my pregnancy and right after I had my daughter. All that was done in the OB clinic. Now that I am not pregnant, I have to go to a different clinic? And this doc I have never seen before is a male. I don't want to see a male. Only male I saw was Heninger and if he is not there anymore, I want a female doctor

Henninger is with the OB right? I saw him last month when I was miscarrying....He was wonderful and very concerned for our situation. I'm not comfortable with male doctors either,but he was real nice! If and when I do get pregnant again, I might go to him again.

If you are going to the doctor, Dr. Miller at the family Clinic, she is awesome and very compassionate, and thorough!  I think you just go to tricare at the hospital and tell them you prefer a female doctor and sign papers to switch!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)