Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LITTLE SCHOOL OF THE DESERT?????????????????

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:39 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 588 Total Views

Anybody know about this preschool? It is weird that not much reviews about it on the internet.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lara.Stockton
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:49 AM

My son goes there. He started there last Feb and loves it. There prices are a little high but we like it. They have different schedules that you can do which makes it easier if you are not only looking for full time care/school. We have not had any issues with the staff or the other kids.  Hope this helps

Lara

mich78
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Did they make you sign a complaint forms?

1. two maintenance worker that Christy the old director hired which both is in Megans law list.                                                                                                                                                               
  2. about the staph infection?

My daughter will be going there soon.

Lara.Stockton
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Yes I did sign them. The maintence worker incident happened before my son started there. The staph infection incident did not bother me too much. In my opinion it was the parents fault more than the school. Plus you know how it is when a lot of kids get  together, lots of germs. Its unavoidable. But parents need to be more cautious about sending sick kids to school.

mich78
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Thank you Lara for the info. Hope to see you there sometimes. Michelle

mauilana2002
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 10:49 PM

What is the age range for this school? Does anyone know where a 20 month old can go for a few hours a day?

Love to get a great deal ideas?! Check out this great new Group for CVS, Wags, & More Shoppers!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/ShoppingIsLove

mich78
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Hi, I would say:

TODDLER 18-30 MONTHS

8:30 am to 12pm

M-F      $425/MO

M-W-F $300/MO

T/THURS $225/MO

they also have full day 7-5:30pm...good luck!

Quoting mauilana2002:

What is the age range for this school? Does anyone know where a 20 month old can go for a few hours a day?

mauilana2002
by on Sep. 10, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Thanks for the great info, do you know how much the school is on base vs. this school?

Quoting mich78:

Hi, I would say:

TODDLER 18-30 MONTHS

8:30 am to 12pm

M-F      $425/MO

M-W-F $300/MO

T/THURS $225/MO

they also have full day 7-5:30pm...good luck!

Quoting mauilana2002:

Love to get a great deal ideas?! Check out this great new Group for CVS, Wags, & More Shoppers!

Lara.Stockton
by on Sep. 11, 2009 at 7:30 AM

If you are looking for just a couple hours a day I would go to the little school of the desert. It is a little expensive but you do get 75 dollars off is you pay on the 1st of the month. There is no waiting list for your age group either. Base waiting list for 1-2 year olds is 8 months. Could be shorter but could be longer. The price for base is full time only and based on income of house hold. The CDC is also not a school, where the teachers at The little school of the desert actually have college classes underthem and they do teach.

mich78
by on Sep. 11, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Its true CDC is a daycare but LSODesert its a pre-school. They can actually learn something. I do not know the price range for full time for CDC but they have child care program for $3/hr in a day  limited to 20hrs. per week. I have to call first if they can watch my kids on that day...b/c they are very busy too...can't handle too many kids...;) heehee!

mauilana2002
by on Sep. 12, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Wow thanks fo rall the great info! LSOD definately seems worth it. Now just have to find a job & I'm good to go! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)