Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lord of the Rings Online

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:12 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 169 Total Views
Hey all, just played this tonight for the first time. Hubby has been playing for a few nights now. He has a human hunter. I have an elf hunter.
Pros- easy on the magic, not so "dark"
        - the women aren't drawn with enormous breasts and they are actually dressed decently.
        - the graphics are amazing. I mean amazing. the trees, grasses, flowers, houses, all look incredible. lighting and shadows and water effects are very realistic and well done.
         - the hobbit house makes me want to build one, lol
         - very smooth transitioning to different areas
        - the map is HUGE. If you played Asheron' Call (which was also done by Turbine) then you know what I mean by huge. It took my hubby a real-time half hour to run down the road from Breeland to the shire. And that little roadway is a speck on the map.

Cons- elf area had some really wierd lag, but this is beta.
         -  seems a little drier than WOW, but WOW newbie areas seemed dry too.
         - you don't have to buy arrows. I consider this a con. Having to buy your arrows and being able to upgrade them is part of the fun of playing an archer.

Anyway, I only played tonight for a short time. I am really trying to game less, if at all, and embrace real life more. But I thought some of you might like to hear about it.
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)