Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you drink alcohol?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 265 Total Views

When you are feeling anxious and/or depressed...do you drink alcohol?  If so, how much and how often?  OR...do you just drink for fun and to unwind...if so, how often?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
leeleesboys
by Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I do not drink anymore because when I did drink I would binge drink. I cannot control my drinking so I quit. We do not keep alcohol in the house to help control my drinking. When I am dressed and drink I just get more depressed the next day. Alcohol is a depressent.

CStanfield85
by Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 9:19 AM

When I am feeling anxious/depressed, I sometimes drink ONE beer, but no more than that.

I do drink for fun, but it's maybe like once or twice a month. I'm not much for drinking. Ha

Owner of Fans of Kristen Stewart!! Want to join?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/KristenStewartFans

futurmil2b
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Yep - I drink.  It really helps a lot when I am tensed.  My body stays tensed...I cannot fully relax.

My doc told me it's ok to drink a glass of wine or two to help with the tension.  I think I depend on it a little too much now.....but right now, It helps.  I do not binge drink- I drink no more than 2 glasses of wine per night.   I have Xanax - which I rarely take -  believe it or not, my doc prefer me to have a glass of wine.  I drink red wine for the health benefits.   I just turned 50 and I do believe my body is starting to go through a few changes - as long as I have a glass of wine it can do what it wants to do :-)    I just be glad when all this tension goes away. 

I also drink to have fun.....  Some people take medication to help with anxiety/depression.....I prefer a glass of wine or two.

Joann

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do".....John Wooten

odessac
by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 7:53 PM

i enjoyed a glass of plum wine tonight-im a substance abuse counselor so im aware of why pple cope with alcohol and use other coping skills.

nippet: HTML, Used for some forums.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)