Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you take for your anxiety?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:34 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 290 Total Views

what do you all take for anxiety and how is it working? right now im tryn to find an anxiety med that works so far i have tried proponolol which i was allergic too visteril didnt do shit. some crap called prazosin that lowered my blood presure too much and remeron which i had a horrible reaction too. so this thursday i have to go to the dr and try something new.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aridattebayo
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I take celexa daily and ativan as needed when I do have a panic attack.

one very metal mommy to a mini-metalhead - Arianna (1/15/07) \m/

KrazyChick
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:47 AM

When I first had anxiety attacks, my Dr gave me Xanax as needed.  It works great, but is not a good long term solution.  Since my anxiety seems to be here to stay, he switched me over to Klonopin, 0.5 mg, twice per day. This has worked really great.  I decided, though, that being on benzos forever was probably not going to work out, so I looked into antidepressants (I have a heriditary history of bi-polar, anxiety, depression, OCD, etc.).  I tried Effexor XR and Cymbalta (separately).  Each relieved the anxiety at a low dose.  The cymbalta made me depressed, so I quit it.  Now I am on the Effexor XR (generic) at 37.5 mg/day (very low starter dose) and it completely controls my anxiety.  I have been on this for about 4 months.  I keep some Klonopin around for bad spells and in case I have trouble sleeping, but I am almost completely done with it.  I have found that a small dose of meds can really help.  I used to be very anti meds, but now I have caved because life is too short to be pacing in cricles freaking out about nothing and not sleeping.  I hope you feel better very soon.  Love and hugs.

gyp5ym00n2
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Ativan as needed.

YankeeGirl617
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I'm currently on Celexa but it doesn't work nearly as well as the Lexapro I used to take. Lexapro is very expensive, but if you have good health insurance, it might work for you.

Yankee Girl
lich663
by on Mar. 29, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I take xanax as needed which is my buddy, my pal! :)

also zoloft. I've never had side effects from zoloft and it has always helped me. good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)