Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Source of Your Anxiety

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:54 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 419 Total Views

I am wondering if any of you have discovered the source(s) of your anxiety issues.  I have been so focused on my symptoms the last few years that I haven't thought about the reasons.  Now I have gotten some meds and started journaling and thinking clearly and dealving into my sprirituality, and I think I am coming up with some reasons.  I am discovering some repressed memories and I think some PTSD associated with childhood trauma.  It has been an interesting excersise to try to link up the current feelings with the past experiences that my siblings tell me I had.  Now it makes some sense....What sorts of things have you all come up with that might have contributed to your current issues with anxiety??  I am no shrink, but it seems to have helped me to at least acknowledge some of this weird old stuff from the past...what do you think???

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenaroma11
by Member on Mar. 10, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Well I am reading up on anxiety and it has really got me thinking about things. I totally think that I have had some CRAZY stressors in my life and just "go on". I am sure they build up and are underlying causes of some or all of my anxiety. I could not even imagine putting them on paper. I just want to forget and forgive. Maybe it would help though?? or..... Maybe it would make me more anxious thinking about all of the things??

SaraphinaMaria
by on Mar. 11, 2010 at 9:39 AM

That is a interesting and valid perspective. I'm sure the past has a lot to do with our reactions today.

lakensmom
by Member on Mar. 12, 2010 at 4:46 AM

money,past,and work

futurmil2b
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Money, health anxiety, debt

Joann

Earn Extra income working from home - NO START UP COST - Company Accredited with the BBB

Joann Bell - Distributor

The Gourmet Cupboard

lich663
by on Mar. 29, 2010 at 12:50 PM

For me any little bit of stress does it but it's also when I avoid dealing  with confrontations.

I also learned anxiety runs in my family so I'm predisposed to it. It's in my genetics which doesnt help.

Feeling trapped in any way will set if off.

natalie1187
by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I really feel like my anxiety started because of a couple things. 1) Was from a Dr. not explaining his diagnosis to me, so I thought for about 6 months that something was seriously wrong with me. 2) I had my first child about a year ago and I just get SO worried about things. & 3) I feel like I know too much about the world, the horrible things that go on or could happen now that I am older. 

It sucks..

shamaz
by Member on Apr. 5, 2010 at 7:46 PM

I have been anxious since I was a child. Separation anxiety was the worst for me. I didn't want to go to school when I was little. I wanted to stay home with my mother. Eventually I got over the anxiety and did fine in school. Then when I was 15yrs old and Sophomore in High School  I had severe anxiety again and I was so anxious that I didn't go to school. I was home schooled and got my diploma that way. Now I am 40yrs old and I'm still dealing with anxiety issues. I started getting panic attacks in my  early twenties and they got really bad  after I had my son and that was 16 yrs ago. My mother, sister and my late grandmother have anxiety issues. I think it can be a genetic disorder.

johnnybgood
by on Jul. 3, 2010 at 9:24 PM
My whole fam has anxiety it seems mom dad grandfather grandmother. I also had a very damaging relationship with my mother as a child. She was emotionally abusive. And she was a drug addict and alcoholic. I attribute most my anxiety issues with her edging me up as a kid. I've had anxiety and panic since I was a kid. Never had friends ect. Im suprised I still have SOME friends. I push people away. Especially women. Anyway... My childhood is the reason but I also think it might be genetic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flightsongmom
by Member on Jul. 3, 2010 at 10:32 PM
Definitely a genetic factor- mother, grandmother and so on. A lot on my mom's side of the family. I never really had to much trouble with it until about ten years ago, about the time I started perimenopausal symptoms, so I do believe hormones were a factor. My first real panic attack happened in the middle of the night when I got up to use the bathroom! After that I began to have them more often. Finally got a handle on them and just suffered from generalized anxiety which I take celexa for. Have since found out that I am a negative thinker and at 48 I'm having a hard time of changing that behavior.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addynbellasmom
by Member on Jul. 3, 2010 at 10:44 PM
Funny you ask this! I am in therapy now and we started on WHY I am anxious, here a couple things we think contributed; sexual,physical,and emotional abuse as a child and a car accident where I watched my best friend die. Now I honestly thought I had "gotten over" these things through therapy and time, but we are now starting to discover links....I'm nervous about the process but excited about the end result!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)