Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello-glad to have found you all.

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

I am glad I found this group.  I can probably find someone who understands.  I have a 5 week old son.  My problem currently is hypochondria.  I had this for years where I thought something was wrong with me.  Three years ago I actually did have something that needed medical attention, a non-cancerous breast lump and believe it or not, the expirence of have outpatient surgery with a great Dr. and wonderful nurses totally ended that hypochondria.   A year ago my husband and I finally decided to have a baby after being married 6 years.  The entire pregnancy was fine until a month before my son was born, I woke up in the middle of the night with my first panic attack.  My issue was being confined to bed while in labor if I had an epidural with child birth.  I know it sounds crazy but that was the fear I had.  No one understood.  I became extremely claustrophobic.  I couldn't be in one place for any amount of time.  I slept for two hours a night.  When I was finally induced I was in labor for 1 day with no progress.  That night I did progress a little and the pain was so bad I  did get an epidural.  Thankfully I went to sleep and didn't wake up until the next afternoon when the Dr.'s came in and recommended a c-section because I was still not progressing much.  I had the c-section and things got worse after delivery.  That is when I really did feel confined.  My room was stuffy, I couldn't breathe, the nurses were mean.  I couldn't enjoy my new son because things were so bad in there.  After leaving the hospital I had some issues with high blood pressure (I was on medicine before I got pregnant) and ended up in the ER.  I was so terrified I would be kept there again and not be allowed to see my son.  After that my c-section scar got infected and again was certain I would have to go back to the hospital.  Thankfully the antibiotics worked.  Now I have a bruise on my leg and earlier was certain it was a blood clot.  Now I don't think it is after researching it.  I just wish this hypochondriac feelings would go away.  Everyday I swear there is something else the matter with me that is going to put me in the hospital.  As for my son, I am enjoying every minute of him thankfully. When I mentioned the claustrophobic feelings to my midwife she first asked if I had ever been sexually abused and then told me she felt I was at risk for PPD because I will feel confined by having a baby.  That isn't the case at all.  I don't feel one bit overwhelmed by caring for him.  Sorry so long.  I just wanted to see if anyone feels the same as I do.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
flightsongmom
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:58 AM
Hi and welcome to the group. Can't say that I had any issues during or after pregnancy but hormonal changes seem to play a roll in exacerbating anxiety. Also, hypochondria seems to go hand in hand with anxiety as well. So you are definitely not alone. Try to relax and give your body time to adjust as your hormones balance out. Most likely that will help. But stay in touch with your doctor if things don't I
prove. Post on here when you need to. There always seems to be someone around to encourage you when you need it! Hang in there! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flightsongmom
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:59 AM
(improve) lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ramonaquimby37
by New Member on Jun. 29, 2010 at 12:33 AM

I feel for you. You are not alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)