Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm dieing of some horrible illness! or is it my anxiety?

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 2:46 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 214 Total Views
Anyone else have this issue? its gotten so out of control my daugher just developed thrush well its taking longer than normal for it to go away and im freaking out then i convience myself that i have a horrible diease and the doctor says i don't and he just kidna reminds me I am no longer breastfeeding so i can go back on my lexapro, makes no sense! when i was pregnant it was almost complelty gone now im freaking out abotu her health my health and my fiances' anyone else have this issue?
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
FourAnchorsnMe
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 3:26 PM
There has to be a connection with that issue and anxiety because I used to worry every minute that I had cancer! Every pain I felt....was cancer, I just knew it!
Well so far I've not ever been diagnosed with anything but I think when we have children we begin to worry  A LOT more about those types of things. Part of it has to be a natural instinct, as us mothers are equipped with that insanely, itense, survival instinct which can drive us mad with worry!

I don't have any advice to give on that one because I'd like myself to stop all the worrying too....just know you're not alone! You're not the only one!
carrieannkichas
by Member on Apr. 14, 2007 at 3:31 PM
I have the same exact thing it's called panic disorder, I have had horrible feelings like i'm going to die ever since I can remember.  Finally they turned into full panic attacks and I had to be put on medication.  So my advise is talk to your obgyn,  may be they can help.  Good luck,  If you need to talk more I'm here.

Carrie
lakota1
by Member on Apr. 14, 2007 at 3:44 PM
It's your anxiety.  You should go back on medication.  Also with just having a baby your hormones are still all out of wack. Go see a doctor if you don't trust the one you have, get a new doctor.  I have anxiety, depression, and post traumatic stress disorder.  If I wasn't on my medication I would be dead.  I hope you get help and that you feel better really soon.  My son would get thrush all the time, if the medication isn't working ask for something different.  Your baby wiil be fine and so will you. You can talk to me anytime.

Theresa
harnessed_wind
by on Apr. 18, 2007 at 11:37 AM
That's panic dear. I used to be the same way, scared to death I was dying. Not long ago I have realised one thing. That if I die, I'm only going to a better place. I fully believe in and rely upon Jesus. That's what helps me, if I get scared, I simply say .. if You want me now God, I'm happily ready. And in all honestly, it zaps that fear of death feeling immediately. Symptoms of the attack are still there, but are not magnified by the fear of dying from them. It's a major difference!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)