Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxiety Prone

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 4:40 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 156 Total Views
Hi I am Sara and I am new to Cafemoms. I too suffer from anxiety. I have found that  the older I get the better it is but in my 20's I really suffered. Hope I can help someone out their cope with this much misunderstood problem.
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MissiHampt
by Member on Apr. 14, 2007 at 6:35 PM
I'm in my 20's and finding it to be the toughest time so far, with the possible exception of my early teens and pre-teens.  Just recently started taking Lexapro.....we'll see how things go.  Any time you'd like to talk, feel free to message me!  It's always great to talk to people who have been there, done that.
sarajo
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2007 at 6:49 PM

Since I am in my 40's now this was not something that was talked about too much 20 years ago. Not many anti-anxiety drugs. I guess I was forced to deal with it myself with a little help from valium when it got really bad. The worst thing for me was driving because I had a bad panic attack while driving and almost had an accident. I had to pull off the road and thougt I was going to die. I still have trouble driving in traffic because OH MY GOD what if I can't pull over if I have too. But the more successes you have dealing with stressful situations the more you will relize you won't die, you won't pass out, and things usually turn out better than you think. It took a lot of time for me but I didn't have much support. YOU WILL BE OK!!!
flightsongmom
by Member on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:39 PM
Hi Sara - I am a little surprised to hear that your anxiety is better now than it was in your 20's.  I'm in my 40's as well and believe that my symptoms are related to hormonal changes.  And you're right, this is definitely a misunderstood problem!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)