Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:05 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 168 Total Views
Hello all,

I am new.  Last year I was diagnosed with severe depression.  And I been having chest pains and doctors ruled out Heart issues and saying I am having Anxiety Attacks.  I dont know much about it is this a common thing with Anxiety?  Also can you not fall asleep at night cause of the anxious feeling?  Please I am so at lost and if I could understand more of my symptoms I would hopefully be able how to share things with you all.  I look forward to hearing from you ladies...please help me.  I go to my new doctors this week and would like to be able to tell her so she can help me  is there meds to help this and really control it.

by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
sarajo
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:15 PM

There is always HELP and there is always HOPE. Hang in there. Take deep breaths, try to visualize a peaceful happy time. You are not alone. Many people deal with these problems every day  and they do get better. 

flightsongmom
by Member on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:34 PM
Chest pain due to anxiety is very common - if your doctor has ruled out heart problems then it most likely is anxiety...........Also, not being able to sleep is common; when your adrenaline level is high it would make it difficult to sleep, just like if you were at the top of a roller coaster looking down you wouldn't be able to sleep.  But it is different for everybody.  There are definitely medications out there to make things better.  Studies indicate that most people with anxiety/depression do best with a combination of cognitive/behavioral therapy combined with medication.  Good luck and keep us posted!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)