Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting waves of dizziness

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 9:51 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 170 Total Views
Okay, first let me describe myself. I am a bigtime worrywart. I worry about everybody and everything in my life. Bills, my kids, hubby, my parents and I take care of everyone, but myself. I have suffered from bad panic attacks for years and have been put on medication for them on and off. I got pregnant with my daughter the last time when I went off the Zanax and I have been okay up until a few weeks ago. I am stressed out, my mom was put in a home, my dad is moving in with us, my husband and I have been having some problems and I am taking care of 2 kids and working. I am on birth control so maybe what I am about to describe could be a side effect of that. When I try to sleep or take a nap at times I get a huge feeling of lightheadiness and if the slightest thing wakes me I get a huge jolt to my nerves on top of it. This dizzy feeling when I am trying to sleep is now getting worse and I am now afraid to fall asleep. I have had panic attacks before and they are always worse when you try to rest, but this seems different to me. So of course now I am worried and hope it is not more serious, but my sister thinks it is due to stress, since it hits me at certain points and only when I am trying to relax and I can't. I am going to the doctor, but I am terrified of it being more serious. I know I am making this too long, but I ramble on when I worry also. I have not slept good in weeks and my anxiety is through the roof. Has anyone else had these symptoms before?
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
harnessed_wind
by on Apr. 18, 2007 at 11:11 AM
Sweetie, you basically gave yourself the answer in your self description and the acknowledgment that you are aware how panic and anxiety will attack you at rest. One thing you should remember is that attacks can change thier patterns and intensity just as easily as we change our clothes. I also get the dizzy waves at rest. The first one happened just a few months ago when me and the family were having our Saturday night family night watching The Polar Express late at night. I was extremely tired .. rather sleepy, and bam! the dizziness was more extreme than with any panic attack. Worse to me, it came BEFORE an attack... then of course launched me into a massive attack. Since then, when I am REALLY fatigued, it happens. Of course it still scares me ... but I've come to realise that it only happens when I am maxed on fatigue. Do go to your DR. though. But my best guess and my experience is overwhelming fatigue.
harnessed_wind
by on Apr. 18, 2007 at 11:17 AM
Oh I forgot to mention another thing. The way I describe it is ... When I will be almost alseep ... like half in half out .. the slightest of a whisper gives me a complete "jolt" (as you put it) ... I describe it as a sudden fear .. like somebody jumping out of the dark at you. Scary as heck!! I'm always scared one day it will give me a heart attack from the sudden shock. Anyway, I will take a half of a xanax just so that I can relax and go to sleep. It helps completely. So no, you are not alone. Maybe if you could get a script for xanax again, as soon as you feel the first jolt, take your med, it will stop it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)