Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I maybe on to something.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:14 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 162 Total Views

OK I am not sure how well this is going to go over here but I am gonna post it anyway.

Both Hubby and I are disablity. He can't work due to learning problems and things like that. Me because I have problems comprehending things. Very big word thank god for spell check.

Anyway we get welfare for kids including stamps and the whole works. We have our bills and such paid by a rep. payee.I must go grocery shopping and household shopping myself. Which is hard with panic attacks.

I was doing really well for a long time until some issues come up that was just too hard for me to deal with. So my attacks were started again.I am freaking out about going shopping tomorrow and of couse I am trying to figure out why I am afriad. I would rather face it then hide. Sometimes easier said then done. I had realized because I am using a ebt card to pay for my groceries and a state card to pay for my other thingspeopel are going to look down at me, The stores are going to be packed tomorrow. I am thinking about waiting for a few days to go because I know my son will go to the store for me with a list and not over spend. He is 16 and I depend on him a lot.

So what do you all think. Or I could take a trank (which I hate to do because it gets me drowsy) and go. I am trying to work this out tonight.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
flightsongmom
by Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Get mad and go to the store! The thing that really pisses me off about anxiety is that it will rob you of your life if you let it. Don't let it do that to you! With anxiety, your world can get smaller and smaller and you don't want that to happen. As far as what other people think about you using an ebt card, it just doesn't matter. It's no ones business but your own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tammy868893
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 10:25 AM

You should go. Don't let the anxiety ruin your life.. Facing it head on gets easier each time. So many people are having financial problems right now that you aren't going to stand out for using the ebt card or any other financial help.

leeleesboys
by Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I get panicky every time I even think Im about to leave the house. I always always take klonopin for it. If I dont Im in trouble. I hate it when its simple things like going to the grocery store that keeps us in a panic. Its just insane. I hate living like this. I totally relate to this completely. I of course have my husband do all the shopping for me cause Im in no state to go out. Sorry I cant help you but just know your not alone in the way you feel.

caseyloo
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Have you tried going and just carrying your meds in your purse?  It was always like a security blanket for me.  Sometimes it just helps knowing they are there, and it helps you feel stronger knowing you had them but didn't take them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)