Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else have trouble relaxing? PIOG

Posted by on May. 31, 2012 at 9:56 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 98 Total Views

I hate having bipolar disorder and while I've come to accept the fact that this is a condition that I will always have and while meds and therapy help, I will always be struggling with uncomfortable symptoms from time to time. Right now I am in some sort of a mixed episode that is more hypomanic than depressed but in this state I just can't get my mind to shut down and shut off or my body to completely relax. I am on meds right now but I just switched meds so I really don't want or think that I need a med change. I know eventually this phase of my illness will pass but it all started last December when I found out our house was going into foreclosure, we've since straightened that situation out and have been able to save our house but I am still having trouble sleeping, am extremely irritable at times and the energy my body seems to be expending just trying to keep on an even keel is taking it's toll. I am always feeling stressed and drained even if there is nothing major to be stressed about. The littlest things increase my anxiety levels and I worry about everything, whether or not I need to actually be worrying about it or not. My mind is working against itself and I am slowly loosing the battle to stay sane and well. I feel like crap most of the time, even though I am using my DBT coping skills whenever I can, talking things out with close friends and family who understand as well as my therapist who is wonderful, my husband is also very supportive of me but I try not to overload him with my issues bc I know that it stresses him out when I am not doing so well. I really don't know what to do bc trying to relax and use my coping skills all the time is honestly really exhausting. I just can't keep this up much longer. I see my doctor on June 4th and my therapist on June 5th but I honestly don't know what anyone can do or say at this point in time to help me. I am not suicidal or a danger to anyone else so I really don't think that I need to go into a hospital, plus last time I went into a hospital they changed all my meds and that's what started to mess up my sleep patterns and get me into the situation that I currently find myself in. If any of you ladies have some suggestions on something that I haven't tried that's worked for you that would be wonderful. I am eating pretty good and started taking walks in the mornings when it is not so hot, in case you were wondering if I am excersizing and eating well. I know that is often a suggestion in posts like this. Anyways, thanks for reading this and listening to me vent.

by on May. 31, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
dkej743
by Group Owner on May. 31, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Im sorry dizzy. *hugs* I would just keep talking,journaling and waiting for this to pass. it will pass, it always does, remember that.

Psalm 34:17 When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)