Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it just my "mood swings"

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:47 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 101 Total Views

saturday night  my BF(not my son bio dad) was at my apt and hanging out. My son (2) had spent the whole day throwing tantrums.

it was 11 at night and I laid him down for bed. while laying him down he started yelling no kicking and screaming and literally trying to kick me in the face. I firmly stopped his legs from making comtact with my face, for the first time my son yanked his leg back and kicked very hard (fro his age at least, it actually did hurt) with this action i took his leg and swatted his leg. explaining for the 100th time that kicking hurts and no more kicking. My son stopped immediately and sobbed.

My bf comes to my son bed immediately and says "why the HELL did you hit him?" I explained that I had already giving him many warnings and that this was the FIRST time I have EVER swatted him. (and only firm enough to get his attention) Bf starts going off on me saying "you know how you get when you get heated with him, things start to happen?"  I ask what things, he needed to clarify because it sounded like he was accusing me of abusing my son.

I suffer from sever PPD I do feel over whelemed with my son. but I have never hurt him. anytime i start to feel like i will hurt him, he goes to a safe place and I take 5 min or myself. I am on meds and I believe I control my depression pretty well. This statement from my so called BF hurt me very much so much i kicked him out of my apt.  I am begining to wonder if he thinks I am not well enough to care for my child.  I am a single mother, this is not my bf child and Other than offering him LOVE, my bf doesnt do anything else for my son.

I dont think my bf had the right to make accusations and I feel hurt that the support I should be recieving from him..... I just dont get any. how do I deal with this? how do I deal with a man who hasnt me really helping me emotionally? instead accuses me? I have a hppy loveable lil boy. who has become a handful lately and I am trying my best to control my temper and depression when around him. as i said this is the first time I ever swatted him. and it was as a disiplinary action.... not out of rage or anger. I was very in control with my emotions. Was i wrong? 

sorry long I just need advice or if anyone has had this issue how did you handle it?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
dizzy77702
by TheHotTamale on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:57 PM
I don't think you were wrong. We use spankings but only when other things haven't worked. It sounds like you were acting based on your sons behavior not based on your emotions. Have you tried talking to your bf again?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN