Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smells Making Me Crazy

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:51 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 135 Total Views

Every day, I am worried that some smell is harming my children, and this is making me crazy with anxiety.  Yesterday, I was worried about a burning smell in the grocery store.  Today, I am worried about a burning smell in our house that I noticed when we came in from outside.  My husband claims he doesn't smell anything burning.  I am so worried all the time about these smells, I don't know what to do.  Does anyone else struggle with this problem?

Thanks

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jalex
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I have smell issues that doesn't scare me, but I am so aware of them, they make me sick.  I can smell pee in the toilet where my little one didn't flush and it makes me gag.  Or filling up the gas tank, ughhh.  Sorry this makes you worry :(

Melissa823
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I do sometimes-more inhaling things thatn smells. We rode the "train" at our local amusement park and it smelled like exhaust. I worry that the carcinogens are going to make them sick.

renee.s
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM

That sounds like one of my worries--the train.  Sorry you struggle with this sometimes, too.  Have you found anything that helps?

jalex
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Quoting Melissa823:

I do sometimes-more inhaling things thatn smells. We rode the "train" at our local amusement park and it smelled like exhaust. I worry that the carcinogens are going to make them sick.

I worry about this and organic food a LOT.

Meg_the_Mermaid
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I've been having these smell issues too! I will smell things that aren't there. I often smell something burning or like smoke or something...but sometimes it's sweet like sugar cookies or oranges. This morning alone, I smelled sugar cookies for no reason and smoke/burning as well. And sometimes I smell things super strongly and they ARE there. It has been freaking me out, because I know this can be a symptom of some very serious health issues (like brain tumor or stroke), but it can also be due to sensory issues, nerve issues, migraines, fibromyalgia, sinus issues, or even thyroid or diabetic issues. I can be anything. I didn't know it was also linked to anxiety/stress though, but that makes sense too.

You wrote this back in Sept...are you still having the sensory/smell issues? Have you seen your doctor? Just curious. My weird smell issues are driving me nuts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN