Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Out of nowhere

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 420 Total Views

Have you ever woken up with an attack or have an anxiety attack come right out of nowehre? I have and ppl ask me why are you having one....how do you explain it if they have never been through it.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dizzy77702
by TheHotTamale on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:35 AM
I have. Sometimes I wake up anxious. My husband does that bc he doesn't really understand. He thinks there has to be a reason or cause behind my anxiety but sometimes I am just anxious.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Solomon6
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM
No one will ever understand unless they have been through it. Yes they have come out of nowhere. Shame on them that criticize. It's complete utter horror. Dec 2011 my doc put me on 10 mg of Celexa and after it got in my system (about a month) I have not had one since. I'm sorry sweetie.

Quoting iamadramamomma:

Have you ever woken up with an attack or have an anxiety attack come right out of nowehre? I have and ppl ask me why are you having one....how do you explain it if they have never been through it.

iamadramamomma
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM

That's great good for you. I'm on xanax 2 mgs I have attacks all the time but when I take it the meds help so much....I hate ppl who criticize me they just think I can make it go away on its own....if that was the case then It would be a miracle....I wouldnt' be me I guess lol...thank you momma

Quoting Solomon6:

No one will ever understand unless they have been through it. Yes they have come out of nowhere. Shame on them that criticize. It's complete utter horror. Dec 2011 my doc put me on 10 mg of Celexa and after it got in my system (about a month) I have not had one since. I'm sorry sweetie.

Quoting iamadramamomma:

notjstasocermom
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM

yes thats usually how mine happen. and they will never understand, even after 2 years my Dh stills tells me just stop worrying about it. BLAH.

iamadramamomma
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM

It sucks having them in the morning....well anytime of day but having to take my meds in the morn just messes me up for the rest of the day.

rsrangel
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I have too.  There are nights where I will go to sleep fine and wake up like I can't breath.  Full-out panic attack that felt like a heart attack  I went to the doctor once and to the ER once for it, and both times told it wasn't a heart attack and I was fine.  I use that now to calm myself down, but have to stay awake and keep myself busy for hours to make it go away....basically until I get so exhausted I pass out.  I can handle them during the day, but something about night time and that happening so many times freaks me out.  I'm almost always scared to go to sleep...I dread nighttime.  :(

import1a92
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM

My husband has panic attacks out of no where most of the time while he is at work. The last few  attacks over the last few weeks have been mostly at home and out of nowhere as well. Nothing is on his mind during them and he isn't in any type of situation that he dreads or feels he's in danger. He physically feels as if his body shuts down on him, his heart starts racing, blood pressure goes up (highest for him during one was 193/134 when I dragged him to a local 24/7 Walgreens walk-in clinic in the middle of the night to check his blood pressure), cold chills one minute, hot flashes the next minute, feels as if someone is choking him, and as if his stomach has turned itself inside out. I've put my head on his chest once during an attack trying to comfort him and tell him everything will be ok, I felt his heart pounding and how much his body tempature was generating so much. He turns pale in his face as if all the blood is drained out of him. He will pace around the house trying to calm himself down and have me talk to him about positive things going on in our lives. He's been to the ER 3 times within the last 3 months. The last time he had a panic attack was when I was 6 months pregnant, 5 years ago and he had to be taken to the ER then from work.

Our family doctor put him on BP meds to regulate his blood pressure during those times. Then, DH complained that the BP med was making him physically ill and felt as if they brought on the anxiety for an attack. So he stopped taking them and the doctor gave him a low dose Xanax to take and said take a low dose Bayer asprin everyday. Well, he also has an addictive personailty (like myself) and he fears he would abuse the Xanax like he has done in the past and had to have his stomach pumped. The last episode he had was two weeks ago. Since then, he's changed his eating habits drasticly, exercised, lost 20 lbs in a month and only takes the low dose Bayer every other day. 

rsrangel
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I do almost every night.  I partly thing it's just in my head because I will wake up with a panic attack most nights if I sleep in my bed.  But if I sleep on the couch I won't.  Sounds crazy but true.  They come out of nowhere!! 

Holly-Kathleen
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 9:23 PM
yes; I have had them happen with no known cause; very scary!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)