Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going crazy !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 6:40 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 205 Total Views

Im having a hard time dealing with kids and trying to settle into a new house, i have only had anxiety since this pregnancy and im on celexa and was taking it once a day like i was told by my doctor and what it says on the bottle it was helping great. Now at my last appointment my doctor told me to take it only when needed becase the baby would come out fussy and might be addicted to it and might have trouble feeding. Now im going crazy not taking it everyday my anxiety is getting out of control and its hard to handle the kids, im crying and the list goes on.
by on May. 4, 2007 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momRN1981
by Member on May. 4, 2007 at 6:47 PM
You know...I would get a second opinion. If you were taking Celexa daily, changing it to taking it "only when needed" is going to cause problems. Of course you are freaking out! And that is okay, but it is uncalled for. Get a second opinion, I am sure there are a couple meds out there that you can take while pregnant that are more baby-safe.
entertainment
by on May. 4, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Yes days like these are hard not only for ourselves but our families as well. They don't how to help us either and all the know is your not happy and they don't understand why. Maybe you need to speak to a therapist. Alot of people go once or twice a week to vent, cry, laugh, or even yell. I go once a week and it helps me out alot. When I talk it out everything just pours out at once. After the meeting I feel that a weight has been lifted off even if it is just for that day. I wish you luck during these awful bouts of anxiety but you alot going for you right now. Take a break mom because not only do you need a break from them they also need a break from mom..........Good Luck keep me informed Lisa

Breanne
by on May. 4, 2007 at 9:41 PM
I recently started taking St.John's wort and have found it to be helpful.Maybe you can take that b/c it's all natural.
lbzmom
by on May. 6, 2007 at 12:34 AM
Just a suggestion, if you arent already, try to find time every day to walk atleast 20 minutes.  Doesnt have to be anything strenuous, just a nice brisk walk. 

Or try prenatal YOGA!!  Yoga can help,  the music is soothing and relaxing and the stetches do wonders for your body.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)